looking for music visualization software
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default looking for music visualization software

anyone in djtt land know of software that can do this? :

i want to take the sound output from the main mixer, run it through my computer and have software translate the music into trippy graphics to display through a projector on a blank white wall in the club. like what the milkdrop and other plugins do for winamp or like the visualization option under the view tab in itunes. displaying different colors, shapes, patterns dependent on the beat and music intensity.

im not really looking for serious vj software, something much more automated and simple...

if yall have any insight or can point me in the right direction, id surely appreciate it!

brian
    2011 MacbookPro-Lion (2.2GHz i7), Audio 10Dj, Allen&Heath Xone 42, 2 X Technic SL-1200MK3, VCI-100SE - FW1.4 (TSI 4.0), Kontrol X1, 2 X Novation Dicers, iPad (TouchOSC), TraktorScratchPro 2.6

Tech Wizard

Milkdrop actualy sells a standalone program that responds to music I'm almost positive, I looked into this alot awhile ago - if you find anything post your findings I'm still generally interested in Visual software

Tech Mentor

Why not use the thousands of plugins for winamp?

Tech Wizard

They're pretty limited and only respond to audio outputing from winamp, which typically wouldnt happen during a DJ set

The music visualiser on iTunes is insanely cool. I could stare at it for hours... When i'm working i put it up on my monitor with some tunes playing. Soothes my brain. I always wondered if i could get it to visualise my traktor sets.
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

I'm looking too. I want the iTunes fx and/or milkdrop alike program using microphone input!

But if we add (a lot of) money, what is the professional program and setup for this kind of stuff?
    www.discjockey.nu

Traktor Scratch Pro - MacBook Pro 13" - Midi Fighter 3D - Kontrol X1 - tma-1 - Pioneer CDJ-400
    Technics SL1210 MK2 - Allen & Heath Xone PX5

Tech Guru

okay, this probably isnt what you are going for, but. The Galaxian 3d by american dj. Sick laser, throw some fog down and win

Arkaos! with a basic DMX setup you can throw a few vids, images etc in and pretty much leave it alone.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Found one! Not free but it seems to work quite well on my lenovo T61 (dual screen)
    Takes sound from microphone or line input!

http://www.noisecradle.com/
    www.discjockey.nu

Traktor Scratch Pro - MacBook Pro 13" - Midi Fighter 3D - Kontrol X1 - tma-1 - Pioneer CDJ-400
    Technics SL1210 MK2 - Allen & Heath Xone PX5

Tech Guru

arkaos? halp? what does that mean?

But yeah, Galaxian is a DMX light. Between my roomates and I, we have 1 galaxian, an ADJ eliminator, dyno fog (1200 watt fogger), some random smaller lasers, and a 900 watt strobe (doesnt see much use, we are more on the chill side than that) and some chauvet dmx controller. Makes for good house party fun... just gotta disable the smoke alarms (not that that usually isnt done already for other reasons).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast