Mastering a small DJ Set?

Question Mastering a small DJ Set?

I was wondering if its possible or at least heard of, to master a dj set?

I recorded a very short set/mashup of 6 songs in Traktor, i used the equalizer fairly heavily throughout the set and due to this when i recorded the set in Traktor i set the gain on the recorder to -9.5db in order to keep the output on the save file from maxing out into the red on both the left and right channels.

When i loaded this set into Traktor it looked as if the track has been compressed in some way, with all of the peaks only half the height of the un-edited tracks mixed in.
    Now when i play the mix in iTunes or anything like that it sounds perfect and exactly as i wanted it to sound, but in Traktor it plays very softly and i find i am having to crank the volume and gain far to much.

So my question is....is it possible to master a DJ Set easily at home without having to pay big money to master it professionally?
    I was thinking maybe running the track through something like Platinum Notes?
    Would this help or be of any benefit?
    Any help appreciated,
    Thanks tons,
    Tom

Don't run the full mix through platinum notes mate, especially if your tracks have been processed with it already. At the very minimum i would suggest mp3gain, a free app that you can use to boost the level of your mix without adjusting the dynamics at all. if you set the gain to something like 94db, that a nice loud volume you can burn off a disc to. If You have audition or even audacity, sometimes a quick pop and click removal can clean things up if necessary.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

I usually normalize with audacity... but, only if there is significant output problems.

Yeah for sure. Less is best with recordings i reckon.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

i like the idea of trying to get the mix to the same vol of your other tracks

this is a good read even if you don't use ableton:
    http://tarekith.com/assets/Leveling.html