Showing Folder Content in Search Results in Traktor Pro.

Default Showing Folder Content in Search Results in Traktor Pro.

I'm just coming back now for a third attempt at transferring from Traktor 3 to Traktor Pro. Not loving it completely yet but hopefully worth it due to the possibility in customization.

Anyway, one thing I noticed was that when I search in my database I'm no longer getting search results for folders. For instance, within my MP3 dir I wan't to list all the songs which are placed in, let's say: /mp3/nordic.

In traktor 3 all I had to do was just write "Nordic" and all the mp3s in that folder would get listed. This has changed in Traktor Pro and I really find it useful.

Can anyone help me out?
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

Turn the contents of those folders into playlists in the traktor collection mate. this will make it a lot more specific when you do a search. Traktor will search the entire collection unless you select one of your playlists.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

You mean, make each individual folder into a playlist? There are about 200 folders there.
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I think the search function changed since T3. I don't think there is a way to change this in the preferences, though. However, I think if you click on the folder tree and press N-O-R etc. it should jump to the closest colder with those letters, kinda like in explorer.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I found the answer.

Click on the magnifying glass to the left of the search box and choose File. This will show what I was asking for.

The weird thing is when the magnifying glass is set to ALL, it doesn't list folder contents, which is odd. Bug?