Final Scratch OPEN soundcard $99 at guitar center, heads up

Default Final Scratch OPEN soundcard $99 at guitar center, heads up

Hi, was looking at the GC website and saw that they dropped the price on the Stanton Final Scratch OPEN FireWire Audio Interface:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Stanton-...66-i1276615.gc

$99 is a good deal IMO for this soundcard.

You could use it with Mixxx and have a pretty cheap dvs setup.

or any of the other open soundcard programs like mypinky, djdecks, deckadance, mixvibes, vdj.

if you check out the specs you get a lot for $99....
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I still have my old FS interface floating around my mom's basement somewhere. I don't think it was FSOpen but if they offer a FW upgrade I'd unload it.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

pity Traktor Pro doesnt support them >=(

My FS:Open is still hooked into my gear as the main sound device for Ableton / Numark Cue / Dekadance Etc....
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

What's the difference between the Scratchamp 2 that was supplied with Final Scratch 2 and the Open one?

I have the Final Scratch one.

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    I still have my old FS interface floating around my mom's basement somewhere. I don't think it was FSOpen but if they offer a FW upgrade I'd unload it.
    I don't think the have an FSopen FW upgrade. BUt I have the regular FS2 and have used it with mixx, deckadance, djdecks, virtual dj etc.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Oh, well then. I should just unload mine then. Anyone want it? I haven't used it since Traktor Scratch came out... what? 3 years ago?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

What I meant was FS2 and FSopen are the same thing with the same firmware, just different decals. So you can still use your FS2 box in the same way someone would use an FSopen box. You can still get a nice amount for them on ebay.

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    pity Traktor Pro doesnt support them >=(
    if yr willing to sacrifice the latest and greatest Traktor Scratch Pro version 1.1 has foreign soundcard capability, I don't know if the Stanton will work for sure (considering there ex-relationship with native instruments) but using version 1.1 iv gotten a few other cards to work for timecode control.

Tech Guru

Default I'll take it

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Oh, well then. I should just unload mine then. Anyone want it? I haven't used it since Traktor Scratch came out... what? 3 years ago?
    I'll take it even though I have Traktor pro but Im teaching my friend "how to use dvs" and he really wants to convert from cds but he doesnt have the money to buy Serato, Traktor, Torq etc.

so let me know