Help! n00b guide to programming my mpd24

Default Help! n00b guide to programming my mpd24

Hi guys, hope you can help. I am trying to programme my MPD24 using the learn function in TP and am stumbling quite early.

I have finally worked out how learn works but am generally confused. When choosing transport>play/pause the button I am using just jumps the track back to the cue point and stops the track.

I have changed the bit where it says 'HOLD' to read 'TOGGLE' instead, seeing if that will work but to no avail.

It's the first button I have tried to programme, lol. Any help appreciated.

thanks

*edit*

Just tried it again and now it plays when I hold the pad down but stops as soon as I let go.

lol, it also seems to change the fx to advanced rather than chained every time it's pressed, for some reason......
    Last edited by ponyboy; 01-22-2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: addition.

Also, one of the faders that isn't mapped is working as the pitch for deck A and another the pitch for deck B, I haven't even mapped them.....

I am very confused! lol

Probably you didn't start with a new 'fresh' mapping and some standard mapping was already loaded in Traktor. Try starting a new mapping and see if that changes the situation

Quote Originally Posted by sj03w4t View Post
    Probably you didn't start with a new 'fresh' mapping and some standard mapping was already loaded in Traktor. Try starting a new mapping and see if that changes the situation
    I have choosen a completely fresh midi mapping, so it's very strange.

Do you have any applications running? Maybe some driver program for the mpd? Also can you give some details on your system like specs or any other apps/hardware?