Apple Tablet - performance controller contender?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Apple Tablet - performance controller contender?

Apple will (supposedly) announce their Tablet this coming Wednesday. If it turns out to be reasonably priced (lol) and has multitouch (very likely) then it's got me thinking it'd make a very nice scene launcer, x-y pad, etc... anyone else excited/interested to see what Apple's been working on?

this is news to me, and i'm very excited to hear it. fearing the price tag though..
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

some of the rumors are that it will be a big itouch, which i think would limit its use as a "perfomance" controller but just like the itouch there will be fun and interesting programs made for it.

*rumors are just rumors, time will tell

Apple Tablet Smablet.

There is been romours, hoople and more romours on this so called tablet.
    Don't think I am going to even consider it until they come out with one.
    For now I'm all about the MacBook Wheel
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Tech Guru

well for one i do not expect the tablet to really network on a wired connection. so latency may be an issue, though i have been positively surprised about the low latency of iphone midi apps.

the big issue is that unfortunately no DJ software currently allows for multi monitoring let alone touch (ableton comes the closest here). however obviously i expect that there will be midi/osc software just like for the iphone.

here again the close mindedness of NI and friends pisses me off mightily. for example it would be awesome to move the entire playlist browsing to another screen, say this tablet. there are solutions to multi monitor over a network connection. but since traktor has no API, there is no way to even write your own app to browse the traktor collection on a second screen (and they fail to provide a multi monitor solution themselves).

but alas give Mixxx two more releases and they are up there with traktor but fully open. the next release will give it multi midi support as well as cue points and loops. the release after that will add beat detection if every beat (maybe even with warping) and thus better sync support and things are looking good for a revamped GUI engine hopefully with multi monitor support.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Mentor

Maybe a replacement for the Lemur.. let's hope so

Rumor has it that apple's tablet will be in the $800 range. Which is an ok price. Basically the rumors say it's functionality will be a bit limited. I am sure there will be many advances as this is only the begining and I feel apple is always cutting edge with stuff. They say that the touch surface will be much like the surface of the iPhone.

If it has a powerful enough processor for making music and a decent resolution on the screen i would pick one up ASAP

Having a tablet instead of a laptop for the clubs would be utterly priceless in so many ways

Tech Guru

I dont expect it to run a full OSX. It will be based on the iPhone OSX base.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    I dont expect it to run a full OSX. It will be based on the iPhone OSX base.
    that's what i've been reading....also my guess is it will be around the 1K mark.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast