Recommendations for a good 4 channel mixer to go with Traktor Scratch Pro?!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Recommendations for a good 4 channel mixer to go with Traktor Scratch Pro?!

Hey All,

So, I've been thinking about upgrading my mixer for a while but recently even more so - thinking about getting rid of my CDJ 1000s and going fully midi with the X1s when they come out.

So, what is the best 4 channel to compliment Traktor Scratch Pro? For beat juggling, dropping stuff in, mash ups, mixing, etc. Music wise I play fidget/bassline, new school disco, breaks and a bit of tech occasionally if that makes a difference.

I'm using a DJM 400 at moment, like Pioneer kit but happy to try something different out.

Look forward to hearing your suggestions.

Tommy

Tech Mentor

im thinking of getting this mixer as my pioneer 500 is goin faulty on me and i need a cheap enough yet reliable 4 channel mixer for traktor pro as well. havent heard any reviews but im willing to spend the money on the pure fact that its by vestax
    http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR241813

Tech Wizard

If I were to get a pioneer, I'd get the DJM800 since it's so common in the clubs. But I would probably go with either an ecler evo 4/5 or any of the xone offerings thou

DDM4000 - I'm looking into buying one myself. Absolute bargain, and the reviews say that it is not poorly built like the previous Behringer mixers...

Absolute bargain.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

xone 92!! not all the clubs have this baby. But this is where it starts, with us. I love their filters and its a different sound from the usual.
    Thank Ya!!!

Tech Mentor

Default Depends what you're after.

MIDI & audio interface required: Korg Zero4 would be a no brainer for most; despite the inital problems I'd but a Korg Zero8.

MIDI required: Vestax VCM-600 is wicked. Sure, you'll have a couple of spare channels to play with, but creative mapping would do the job.

Analog only: Vestax again. Seriously, they build 'em like tanks and could likely survive a bomb blast. Alternatively, I've heard nothing but good things about Ecler's NUO and EVO 4 series mixers.

Another vote for the 92. It is an incredibly sweet mixer with great character! Look for deals on ebay if you are willing to sacrifice just a modicum of comfort for a good deal. I got one for about 1000 usd after calling the vendor a few times to ask questions. Either way the 92 is a very forgiving mixer with great flexibility.
    I'm using an APC40 for midi control even though it is much more than I need right now--plenty of room to grow--but a midi controller is just that....a midi controller. A good mixer makes the difference. As far as controllers go just keep it simple, do some research and try to get out to sample what's on the shelves to find something that responds well to you. I also use a Korg nano control for instant one button FX and other things which suits my style reallly well.
    Last edited by space monkey; 01-23-2010 at 04:19 AM.

If you consider getting familiar with a club setup there are only two choices; either the DJM800 or the XONE92. From what I've read in your post, you might want to check out the XONE4D as well, since it has the MIDI-Controllers alongside, supplementing the X1 perfectly.
    I have until now only heard a few people commenting on the sound of a XONE compared to a Pioneer, with most people saying the sound on the XONE is a bit warmer, fuller. But perhaps someone with a more professional view (and way more expertise) could make a better statement regarding this.

Basically Pioneer is the mixer of choice in clubs, XONE being the second most common- at least in the whole house/electro/techno/...-scene.

I think there is a discussion about XONE or DJM already somewhere here, with aspects like FX or Filters being discussed very exhaustedly.
    I mix stuff on my things...

This is an interesting thread for me as I'm looking to sell my own DJM500 and buy another 4 channel mixer. I was thinking along the line of the American Audio MX-1400 DSP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast