How many tracks do you have.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default How many tracks do you have.

Hey everyone just did my first lounge gig last night. It went great the atmosphere was super chill and the sound was awesome. My question is how many tracks does everyone here have and how often do you play out. My concern is that if this becomes a regular thing that I'll eventually run out of tracks. I guess that's the downside now to the way some crowds work is that they expect hit after hit after hit. It's not sustainable to always have fresh stuff.

Tech Guru

If you include all my CD's and vinyl I have thousands. In traktor i have something like 500 or so. I play all genres so I can mix it up each night I play (twice a week). Normally I'd say dont worry about it too much as it is inevitable that you'll play the same tracks if you're playing in the same place on a regular basis for longer then like an hour or so. But if you're just playing lounge music all night you're obviously quite restricted. You're obviously going to have to buy a few new tracks a week to keep it fresh. I wouldnt stress about it too much as you're not going to have the same people come every week. Just keep checking with the management if everything is cool music wise. If they have issues its better to ask and find out, as opposed to not asking and the management deciding they want to change it up a bit and look for a new DJ.

Tech Mentor

i have 4761 songs currently on my itunes after my big clean up operation i did to make more space lol or 20.6 days thousands of records as well which are mostly in the attic unfortunatly now

Tech Guru

thousands

Tech Wizard

About 80000 tracks of a lot kinds of music and especially eletronic music.

Hasn't any girl/boy told you it's quality, not quantity that counts?

I've been collecting for 22 years now. It would take me another 22 to count them.

All you need is 30 tracks that you know inside and out.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

10000 tracks, 82 gigs. But a lot of that needs to get deleted.

i have alot of music, but I usually pay anywhere from +200 per night when I spin from 10 - 2 am
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

i got 900+ vinyls, thousands of cd's, 10'000s of mp3s in serato (3000ish gridded ones in traktor - cbf'd gridding anymore)
    i will never run out of tracks to play, if anything i feel theres always not enuff time to play the stuff that i wanna play
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast