I have $200 and Traktor Pro. What do I buy? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My sound card isnt anything special. It came with the computer in a bundle at a wal mart. I want to do some cue juggling, and the spin doesnt seem to have any function to do that, with the buttons being all lame. I have been looking at pad controllers to hold me over until my birthday in march, if only to mess around with. The MPD 24 seems really nice, and it has some good looking knobs and faders, for 2 deck volume and effects and the such.

that's a pretty good option if you're looking for cue juggling or if you could see yourself doing it on a keyboard, those options mentioned.

best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by mastercon12 View Post
    My sound card isnt anything special. It came with the computer in a bundle at a wal mart.
    It doesn't have to be special as such, however if it can output 2 stereo pairs of channels then you will be able to cue tracks up in your headphones seperate from the master output.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

youtube: "adding modifiers in traktor" & assign a shift key and make the loop buttons alternatively cues to

Quote Originally Posted by mastercon12 View Post
    do some cue juggling

the buttons are not suited for cue point juggling, is what I am saying.

Tech Mentor

As you don't have an interface, that's going to be priority.

Get on ebay and hunt down a cheap interface.

And then as I mentioned earlier, I'd look at getting an oxygen 8 (can pick these up pretty cheap).

You could also look at modifying a usb game pad controller.

I'd also think about what functions you want from you're controller:

Are you going to sync tracks / or manually beat match etc.

I'd look into akai's mini usb range aswel....

Tech Guru

the lpd8 is nice, as iks the key version. The new APC 20 is coming out, and it looks sick, if you dont need lots of knobs, and even though its more for ableton, it can be mapped.

I have usb headphones for some reason. Is there anyway I could route what I am cueing to those, and have the deck that is playing go through my speakers?

try it will asio4all. u setup both soundcards in that program and then select that in traktor

alrighty, here is the plan. I have had ableton for a long, long, long time now, and I could probably use that and an MPD24 to do some remixing, which I am interested in. Afterwards, I have around 5 weeks until my birthday. I should have around $80-$90 by then, and I can buy an x-session pro. I will ask for either an audio2dj or a numark i/o, and an oxygen 8 v2 with some nice-ish headphones. Go go 17th birthday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast