I have $200 and Traktor Pro. What do I buy?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I have $200 and Traktor Pro. What do I buy?

At a measly $10 a week, I have saved up $200. I have Traktor Pro (Christmas), and a MicroKorg. What do I buy?

P.S. I have a Windows computer.

Tech Mentor

I'd probably look at getting Native Instrument Kontrol X1 or an oxygen 8 / eans mapping, you would then need a mixer aswel, a midi mixer (m-audio x-session) would probably work out cheaper then getting an analog mixer as you wouldn't have to pay out for a larger interface.

You could also look into behringer bcd...

I haven't used the above, as I have an arcaded vci & lpk25.... though the oxygen 8/kontrol x1 still tempts me! :P

Tech Guru

hmmm.... you mention you have a microkorg, are you interested in getting in to producing?

Edit
    was going to recommend the oxygen 8 if he felt like he was.

Tech Guru

do you have a soundcard yet? if not get an audio2dj to get started unless you also need inputs in which cause the choice gets harder.

anyways please first tell us what direction you want to go into and more importantly why your current setup isnt satisfying you.

aside from this i can totally recommend the novation launchpad (though that will eat your entire 200 right there) or an akai lpd8 to just get started.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

If I get an audio 2 dj, I won't be able to really buy anything else. It seems like it is like buying 3 years of xbox live without an xbox. All I have is a keyboard and mouse. I have a bunch of cables that I use with my guitar and microkorg, but other than that, I don't really have anything, so a usb interface would make things way easier. I have been making some electronic music with my MicroKorg, but I want to get into remixing/controllerism as quickly as possible.

save up a little more and get the spin?

That is why I put in the P.S. that I have a windows computer.

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

youtube: "midi mapping traktor" &
    Quote Originally Posted by charo View Post
    save up a little more and get the spin?

yes check out the thread on the gear section, there's a couple guys working on the tsi for the spin and you use asio4all for the drivers.

i can't think of anything for the price that compares (well maybe the eks xp-10's at $99 but then you need a mixer)

Desktop or laptop - what type of soundcard (there is a chance you have a multi-channel soundcard and won't need to buy another one to start off with).
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast