NEED HELP: New to Tracktor Scratch Pro
    Tech Guru

Default NEED HELP: New to Tracktor Scratch Pro

Hey I used to use SERATO but i decided to go with Traktor for many reasons like the 4 deck uses and so on

When in serato I just would drag my music to make crates. Then click analyze and wait so its ready for when I have a gig but what do I do in Traktor for the same thing to happen?

And i dont know if it has to do with the files not being analyzed but wen i put two tracks together (sometimes even one) I start to hear crackles and pops...

I would appreciate any help
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Santos10 View Post
    Hey I used to use SERATO but i decided to go with Traktor for many reasons like the 4 deck uses and so on

When in serato I just would drag my music to make crates. Then click analyze and wait so its ready for when I have a gig but what do I do in Traktor for the same thing to happen?

And i dont know if it has to do with the files not being analyzed but wen i put two tracks together (sometimes even one) I start to hear crackles and pops...

I would appreciate any help
    thank you
    for question number one, head to manual and learn section called "BeatGridding" - this is for analizing tracks

cracks and pops: your sensitivy in your audio soundcard setup is way too low (click preferences, its on first tab, right down after selecting the soundcard), put it up until you stop hearing clicks and pops.

this is just quick reply, i am sure someone will explain in more depth, but, and i dont know how to emphasis this more: RTFM! (read the feckin manual XD), honestly its not that long...
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Analyze all your tracks, make sure that you don't have "Analyze On Load" checked in the preferences, as that could be a HUGE factor in your crackles and pops.

All you have to do is drag your music to make crates. I think there is an option to "Analyze when brought into collection" or something, but analyzing is something you shouldn't do when spinning live. So just add it to your crates, run a consistency check and analyze all the files that haven't been.

But yeah, read the manual, cause it does go over this stuff.

So up your latency, definitely. 11ms should be fine, even 13, with almost no audible difference.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall