Turn Tables.where to start?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Turn Tables.where to start?

Ok been using traktor with midi controllers and such for a while now
    and before that i was using cdj's.but i feel i missed out not using tts first so i want go give it ago.

i want to buy a set of TT's to use with scratch live,or any other sort of software.but i have not got a clue where to start.

all i know is that you need direct drive turntables? and thats about it

looking for good and cheap (i know they dont go together very often)
    just something to get me started.anyone can help would be great cheers

Tech Guru

Technics! You can pick up a used pair for dirt cheap these days. Where you from? My pal is selling a pair

i am in england

Tech Guru

Where? Im NW London. My pal who lives round the corner is selling a pair of Technics 1210's in perfect condition, barely used with the lids. One deck has got a Stanton 500 cartridge and the other has got a brand new Shure M-447 (what I use, amazing needles). Why he has 2 different needles I don't know. But I think he wants around £250 for the pair, which is a bargain considering the condition they are in and the fact the the Shure cartridge and needle is brand new. He'll through in a mixer too for free but its a piece of shit.
    Let me know if you're interested

get you some Numark TTXs or Stanton STR8150s. both higher torque than technics1200s and theyre cheaper with very high build quality (equal to 1200s)
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

Tech Mentor

Numark TT500 is also an option. It is TTX without the digital goodness, in case you are on a budget like 99% of DJs Reloop also makes great OEM decks. If you have the cash, go with Technics or Vestax.

Don't get the cheapest ones, or you'll get very familiar with terms "WOW" and "Flutter", plus the engine on the cheaper ones overcompensates when you slow them down or give them speed, making it harder to sync.

On a positive side, if you get a sturdy turntables, they could very well be the longest lasting gear you'll have.
    @Twumpy

or these bad boys

have had a play on these and for the money weren't too bad

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

and for a sensible answer, a pair of pd-1s from citronic are always good.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Guru

In my opinion you buy anything other than Technics you're gonna roll up to a club and be like "damn these feel nothing like my decks at home"!
    Face it, Technics are industry standard, why invest in anything else when you can pick up a used pair for not very much at all these days and you'll be confident you can do all the same stuff in a club as you can do at home.
    The only reason I'd say get anything else is if you're just starting out, get yourself some cheap ass pieces of shit so you can really appreciate the quality of Technics when you finally get yourself a pair. But then why spend like $150 on some crap when you could just save another $100 and buy the leading brand/model and they'll last you like for ever!?

Tech Mentor

Buying shoddy decks might not be such a bad thing, since you get much more practice with noticing when the tracks start to drift and how to adjust. It's just easier with Technics. Good OEM decks are good decks, so if you can't afford Technics, it's not a big deal. Just don't buy the cheapest ones available.
    @Twumpy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast