Custom Studio Furniture?
    Tech Wizard

Default Custom Studio Furniture?

Sup guys. Curious to know if you any of you guys have built your own studio furniture. I live in Costa Rica and there isn't a huge availability of furniture of any kind, let alone something suitable for a studio. Getting ready to build something of my own and i figured I'd hit up the DJTT community for design ideas and inspiration. Don't need anything crazy cause I don't have my decks down here (yet)....just something that could accomodate laptop, external monitor, couple keyboards and controllers, a 16-24 channel console, and has risers for studio monitors. Any pics are appreciated.Thanks.
    Huckleberry Pie

Tech Guru

the first piece of furniture I built... haha. was from an old door I had lying around. It was big. too big. i've moved ont to plywood, and i'm starting to expand it. In my opinion, just start out with a desk (L shaped will work well if you have a lot of equipment), and then you can start making expansions. What type of space do you ahve to work with?

if u need some inspiratin, check out that shit!

http://www.hoerboard.de/
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Cooper View Post
    Sup guys. Curious to know if you any of you guys have built your own studio furniture. I live in Costa Rica and there isn't a huge availability of furniture of any kind, let alone something suitable for a studio. Getting ready to build something of my own and i figured I'd hit up the DJTT community for design ideas and inspiration. Don't need anything crazy cause I don't have my decks down here (yet)....just something that could accomodate laptop, external monitor, couple keyboards and controllers, a 16-24 channel console, and has risers for studio monitors. Any pics are appreciated.Thanks.
    I'd say start on paper. Think of your needs and go to some wood place that can sell you the pieces ready to assemble. Then it's just a matter of screwing...

The stuff you use more should be closer to you in the sitting position. Monitors should be centered. Keyboards could be in a tray, or you could have some extra piece with wheels so you can move it around depending on the use.

The sky is the limit... just think of your perfect working position. Then it's easy to translate that into pieces with a bit of imagination and common sense.

The difficult part is doing something not only functional, but also beautiful. You need to know about types of wood, types of cuts, and the different processes that can be applied to the wood (depending on the provider). Go check some provider and ask them what is possible to do before starting the design phase.

It's a good idea to use some sort of vector software to draw the pieces. I use adobe illustrator but there must be some freeware opensource alternative.

Will try to post a picture of my current addition to my square meter.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by pier View Post
    I[..]
    It's a good idea to use some sort of vector software to draw the pieces. I use adobe illustrator but there must be some freeware opensource alternative.
    Try inkscape.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Try inkscape.
    Yeah this is the one. I tried it a time ago and I was too lazy to look for the name...

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by earl-panda View Post
    if u need some inspiratin, check out that shit!

http://www.hoerboard.de/
    WOW! That's insane. Would be cool if the CDJ supports would slide along a bracket of some kind, although it would be tough to support their weight.