very first song ever
    Tech Guru

Default very first song ever

I have begun messing around in Ableton. The result of this weekend messing around with some loops that were bundled with my Novation Launchpad and free sounds available for the NI Kore Player:

On Sunday I tried to give the track a bit more groove with some audio effects, but so far it feels like hit and mostly miss at those attempts:

I guess at this stage I should just continue studying Ableton to slowly learn the possibilities and improve my workflow so that I can more quickly try out stuff. Also need to get more fluent at how to do post production stuff in the arrangement view.
    Last edited by lsmith; 01-26-2010 at 06:13 PM.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

sounds wikid for a first attempt to me ... my first attempts are still that as they never get anywhere
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Wizard

sound great for your first song. i think it has a really good groove. keep it up!

Tech Guru

thx .. do you guys notice a difference between the two versions? any opinion as to what sounds better?
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Wizard

Stick with 1 final version. If you want to produce good tracks it's vital that you learn to drop stuff that doesn't sound good, even if you put a lot of work in it.
    Making decisions is your part in producing.

My first song cleary sucked more. Keep going.

Tech Student

Um......There's one song by Metallica that I don't remember the name of that is pretty d*mn fast. Jesus Built my Hotrod by Ministry is also very fast, and Orange County Blonde and Blue by Bleeding Through is pretty fast....

Tech Guru

here is the final version: