Creat Sweeps&Build Ups in Traktor & Glitch Effects Tutorials
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Creat Sweeps&Build Ups in Traktor & Glitch Effects Tutorials

Hey everyone,

I created a couple tutorials with some mixing techniques i've been working on for a minute. Check them out.

One is a group of effects I used to create a dynamic sweep build up in traktor and the other is using sugar bytes artillery VST in ableton with traktor routed through it to get some cool glitch effects.

**disclaimer, they are pretty long, because I went through in-depth features that most people on youtube don't know about so you guys can skip to the goodies**

Enjoy!
    Priscilla

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMbsAIBs3uE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epwEq8Mexng
    Last edited by armyofme4340; 01-25-2010 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Forgot info

Tech Wizard

This is great. Thank you for the tips

Tech Mentor

Did you completely map your Maschine?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dacuba View Post
    Did you completely map your Maschine?
    yes I did. It's a great full mapping that works as a great supplimentry controller. I've based the knobs off of eans oxygen8 mapping and have another scene for full effect controls, and i have fx preset buttons for quick loading effects that i know will work well and I also have those sweeps and that artillery thing all mapped out, as well as loop rolls ala serato scratch live. I'm still working out some kinks, but i'll share it when it's done as well as post a walk-through video.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by EliPsE View Post
    This is great. Thank you for the tips
    No problem. It took me a minute to figure out a good sweep. I messed with it for weeks in my spare time. But i think i got something that I am pretty happy with. I'm sure i'll wind up tweaking it anyway in the future.

Tech Mentor

I'll wait until you publish something about the mapping of your Maschine, since I'd like to buy one too. You're using it to make your beats too or just as a midicintroller?

Would it work great with a Xone 1D or are there better alternatives?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dacuba View Post
    I'll wait until you publish something about the mapping of your Maschine, since I'd like to buy one too. You're using it to make your beats too or just as a midicintroller?

Would it work great with a Xone 1D or are there better alternatives?
    I'm using it for both, sometimes I use it only in maschine, sometimes i use it in ableton, sometimes i sync traktor and maschine, sometimes i use it as just a midi controller in traktor. It's very versitle.

Yeah I think a Xone1d would be a perfect compliment. I use my maschine with my vci100 arcade. The two of them are perfect together.

Yeah, the faders on the 1D are perfect for this type of mapping. All my push button multi-FX are on a nanokontrol whose faders are something like 40mm. I have a similar mapping as this and sometimes it's very difficult to get a smooth push on such a short distance when bouncing to a tempo. Ultimately i'll get the FX mapped to my APC40.

Nice work Priscilla! Thanks for sharing. Have you tried mapping a button so it turns off all FX thus giving a gradual fade on the Reverb instead of a stutter delay? Maybe could be done with modifier w/o playing twister with your right hand
    Velocity controls could come in real handy here as one could map a dec value button whose speed is based on how hard the pad is hit, i.e. the harder the pad is hit the faster Dry/Wet for the FX decreases. /theory
    Last edited by space monkey; 01-26-2010 at 04:47 AM.

Nice tutorials. I'm definitely having the dynamic sweep one for my setup.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

awsome tutorials! will give it a try...thanks to u i just realized, that i can set up 4 effect bars in tpro (dummb panda for not diggin deeper)
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast