Creat Sweeps&Build Ups in Traktor & Glitch Effects Tutorials - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Yeah, the faders on the 1D are perfect for this type of mapping. All my push button multi-FX are on a nanokontrol whose faders are something like 40mm. I have a similar mapping as this and sometimes it's very difficult to get a smooth push on such a short distance when bouncing to a tempo. Ultimately i'll get the FX mapped to my APC40.

Nice work Priscilla! Thanks for sharing. Have you tried mapping a button so it turns off all FX thus giving a gradual fade on the Reverb instead of a stutter delay? Maybe could be done with modifier w/o playing twister with your right hand
    Velocity controls could come in real handy here as one could map a dec value button whose speed is based on how hard the pad is hit, i.e. the harder the pad is hit the faster Dry/Wet for the FX decreases. /theory

Yeah that's next on my list having an off button. For a smooth fade out. I've been trying to figure out how to get the knobs to work so that when it's all the way up it will kill the fx. I'll report back.

Tech Guru

So the delay button you added last, does that kill the track and just leave you with the delay trailing off? If so do you know if there is a way of ditching the button but have the fader/knob do that job when it reaches it highest point?

Neato.
    Ps : your voice sounds *a lot* like the one in The Orb's "Little fluffy clouds" (which turned out to be Rickie Lee Jones ages ago).

Tech Wizard

I have my mpd24 setup to do fx in a similar way.
    With my setup, I have the bottom row of pads toggle the fx units on/off for all 4 decks, and the remaining 12 pads turn all 12 chained fx on when held down. A fader controls the fx parameters instead of a knob, and I have the play/tempo bend/etc functions mapped to my qwerty keyboard, so I can get to them while goofing off in bank b of the mpd24.

The main diff in our setups is that instead of assigning a knob to turn on 3 fx at the same time, I just hold down a combination of the 12 pads and i'n not delegated to using the same 3 fx everytime.
    Last edited by epsy; 01-26-2010 at 02:53 PM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by slangemenneske View Post
    Neato.
    Ps : your voice sounds *a lot* like the one in The Orb's "Little fluffy clouds" (which turned out to be Rickie Lee Jones ages ago).
    Hahahah creepy... indeed we sound a lot of a like. Although I think she's a bit more nasely. Is nasely a word

Maybe I can sing. I'll try again Although I heard she was rad, so that's cool i'll stick with being rad.

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

getta nice little condenser mic, do a little ghetto sound proof job in yr room & drop a few vocal samples.. i like your voice to.

Thanks for sharing

If you want the knob to kill your fx combo when you're all the way round, you'll have to create a new modifier which will be your knob. Now you set it up has a knob and you'll see (if you turn it) in the modifier states above the function panel that the value of the modifier goes to 0 to 7 (but quite quickly). You then define it as 'relative' and set up the sensitivity (and rotary speed) so when the knob is to the far left it equals 0 and to the far right it equals 7.

You then add the new functions that will either engage your delay's freeze or whatever you wanna set up with modifier=7 (or else depending at which stage you want those functions to happen during the course of your knob). Depending on how you set up those, you may also need to duplicate your function(s) so when you get you're knob back to the left the function(s) are set back to the original parameters when this new modifier=0.

Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Yul; 01-27-2010 at 01:33 PM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    If you want the knob to kill your fx combo when you're all the way round, you'll have to create a new modifier which will be your knob. Now you set it up has a knob and you'll see in the modifier states above the function panel that the value of the modifier goes to 0 to 7 (but quite quickly). You then define it as 'relative' and set up the sensitivity (and rotary speed) so when the knob is to the far left it equals 0 and to the far right it equals 7.

You then add the new functions that will either engage your delay's freeze or whatever you wanna set up with modifier=7 (or else depending at which stage you want those functions to happen during the course of your knob). Depending on how you set up those, you may also need to duplicate your function(s) so when you get you're knob back to the left the function(s) are set back to the original parameters when this new modifier=0.

Hope it helps.
    Legend! Cheers

Tech Wizard

Great to know and Thank You !!!! I can also us that with the sound samples in a third or fourth deck dropping quick sampled sounds, nice work and thank you again

Chris aka DJ Panic

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast