Creat Sweeps&Build Ups in Traktor & Glitch Effects Tutorials - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

i love using the sliders on the 1ds for effects controls to me its more versatile than knobs as u can control more parameters with sliders than knobs but i guess its just me but hey armyof me nice tutorial am gonna get myself maschine soon too.

that's fantastic.. just got everything set up and messing around with artillery2 and my oxygen.. thanks a lot for that tutorial..

you got a really cute voice btw
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    If you want the knob to kill your fx combo when you're all the way round, you'll have to create a new modifier which will be your knob. Now you set it up has a knob and you'll see (if you turn it) in the modifier states above the function panel that the value of the modifier goes to 0 to 7 (but quite quickly). You then define it as 'relative' and set up the sensitivity (and rotary speed) so when the knob is to the far left it equals 0 and to the far right it equals 7.

You then add the new functions that will either engage your delay's freeze or whatever you wanna set up with modifier=7 (or else depending at which stage you want those functions to happen during the course of your knob). Depending on how you set up those, you may also need to duplicate your function(s) so when you get you're knob back to the left the function(s) are set back to the original parameters when this new modifier=0.

Hope it helps.

Ekkk that's like 30 commands for one knob. But i'll try out the solution. Thanks.

If only there could be a command to pt your effects to the state they were before using this effect, so u like use it, and then push a button and your previous effectsd come bakc:P Not with direct selecting, because that would mean certant effects, but i mean effects you lastly used Hard to explain:P

Tech Mentor

Thanks so much !!! I just mapped it with a few changes of course, but if your on the djforums I would love to rep you

Tech Mentor

Nice video great way of showing it too. Now im checking the rest of your videos.
    Thank Ya!!!

Am i right in thinking that when using the 3.0 new mapping with effects presets we could program this load of effects settings into one of the preset banks that ean has made available ?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Ekkk that's like 30 commands for one knob. But i'll try out the solution. Thanks.
    As I said you MAY have to duplicate some, it really depends on how you want it to work and I can't give you a specific solution. In your fx combo you'll probably have only to duplicate a function for the freeze to be set at "0" when your knob gets back to its far left, that's all.

Two variations of quite the same effect if you wanna test something different (not using the delay's freeze)
    [fx unit 1 set up as chained, fx unit 3 set up as advanced both for deck A]

*the same knob engages both FX units on for the deck, controls the D/W for both units and selects/engages for :
    - Fx unit 1: delay (value 0.6); mulholland drive (value 0.15); and direct control of the iceverb
    - Fx unit 3: reverb (0.25/0.75/ direct control of the size)
    I added also a control for the same knob set up as relative (40%) to the corresponding filter to the deck.

*the same knob engages both FX units on, controls the D/W for both units and selects/engages for :
    - FX unit 1 : iceverb (direct); peak filter (direct); reverb (direct)
    - Fx unit 3: mulholland drive (0.25/0.75/ direct)

Tech Guru

That sweep is a great effect combo which I didn't use before. Thank you very much!
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Tech Guru

nice one. reminds what a pitty it is that Ean didnt adopt my modular vision for the 3.0 mapping (i have to quit whining about that one .. i guess in a way i am trying to see if enough people agree so that it would make sense to port Ean's mapping to this approach) :-/

also reminds me how much it sucks that NI isnt opening up the MIDI mapping config file so that we can create better editors that allow us to merge stuff like this in with less effort.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast