Creat Sweeps&Build Ups in Traktor & Glitch Effects Tutorials - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Priscilla, Thank you for the sweep tutorial. I used it a few times at a gig last night and it worked great. My only comment is when the wet/dry hits around 60-70%, there is a high amount of treble. Is there any way lessen this?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by antiphon View Post
    Priscilla, Thank you for the sweep tutorial. I used it a few times at a gig last night and it worked great. My only comment is when the wet/dry hits around 60-70%, there is a high amount of treble. Is there any way lessen this?

Hi.

Yeah, what you can do is set the reverb from button to fader and then set to relative and move the percentage down on the rotary sensitivity, this will move the reverb at a slower pace. You can also do the same for the iceverb.

Although i've tried the effect with a loud system and I don't get the hi's coming in any louder.

But if it's happening for you try what I described above. And play with the sensitivity percentage till you get it to sound just how you want it.

Glad you enjoyed the technique.

Tech Guru

Bump for everyone who missed this.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Quote Originally Posted by Whatl View Post
    Nice one dude! Just checked the first one out, I was just thinking about how to do something like this last night, good work .

Quick tip on the video, try not to talk over when you're demonstrating something, can be a little hard to hear sometimes! Just my little tip, otherwise good job!
    I was able to follow her just fine.

Edit: Thank you bigbeatzzz

Tech Guru

Any time Max...Haze on the boards told me about this post. Armyofme, you are awesome!

DJTECHTOOLS LOVE FEST! -- L O L
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Tech Wizard

I really wanna do this on my X1 but am equal afraid of fucking the original map - working so fine - up. I guess somebody once told me. If it aint broken - dont mess with it.

Anyone tried doing this with an X1?

Tech Wizard

Can't you just make a second X1 mapping to test stuff out on?

No reason to muck up the original mapping that way.

Tech Wizard

Never done it. Well there's a first time for everything.. I'll be back when my X1 dies

Edit:
    Well.. That didn't work. I exported my original X1 - so nothing is wrong there but i dont get the same choices as Armyofme at all.
    Eg: I cant choose button on the effect - only knob which results in that when i turn the knob all three effects are scrollingt through my effect bank instead of seleting the right effect.

Edit 2: Of course. I need to turn my X1 into Midi Control.. Hmm i need another X1 then
    Last edited by Zster; 10-24-2010 at 08:16 AM.

Tech Guru

I am going to attempt to map a superknob on my X1 tonight...I am pretty sure its possible on the X1.

Tech Mentor

Thanks for the kind words guys. I have 3 modes on my x1.

1. the original with some additional controls - master tempo change
    2. super knob mode (sweep, beatmash build up, time stretch effect) (back up controls for deck AB) Loop rolls
    3. midi fighter mode (new version) & minimal deck C&D controls.

I'll try and clean it up soon and put up a video. My x1 is getting serviced right now by NI so I'll have to wait to get it back.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast