So, who's going to Miami for WMC?
    Banned

Default So, who's going to Miami for WMC?

As the thread says who's going to Miami for WMC?

was planning to, but various things have got in the way

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

boom headshot.

I'm 50% chance of going, turns out I'm getting a lot less back on my tax return this year. I went last year, and had an absolute amazing time.

Just trying to crunch the numbers and see if I have the cash to go this year. But I plan on it. Sucks that Massachusetts is so far away >.<

Banned

I'm just flying in and leaving after 36 hours, not even getting a room. Just two parties I want to hit up this year and they happen to be back to back.

Tech Guru

alright, fill me in. I know Ultra is in miami, what is WMC? I talked some random lady on the plane on my way to LA who said she was going to this, and that it was definitely a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by sine143 View Post
    alright, fill me in. I know Ultra is in miami, what is WMC? I talked some random lady on the plane on my way to LA who said she was going to this, and that it was definitely a blast.
    WMC (Winter Music Conference) is pretty much the best gathering of edm events that the US has to offer, basically cram a few hundred events into like5 days. It has been going on for 25 years now... What most people don't know is there is actually a real conference going on, but most people are there for the parties parties and parties... The conference has panels, workshops, and other confrence type things, but most people don't pay to go to that stuff, they just go to the parties. Most parties are technically not even affiliated at all with the conference itself. The parties are generally expensive, hard to get into, but also filled with talent. If you have never been to it it can be an overwhelming experience, its definitely lots of fun. I can remember going back on 2000 and having lots and lots of fun. Nowadays for me it has just turned into business, I play a few parties, I get to network with some people whom i only see a few times a year, as well as get to hang out with friends and DJs who travel alot like myself and we only get a chance to cross paths a few times a year... Lastly I throw a party showcasing my label and some of my artists along with myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    As the thread says who's going to Miami for WMC?

Oddly enough I was thinking the same thing as you today as I posted this earlier....

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10717

Tech Guru

Wow, sounds pretty damn cool. Maybe I'll make plans to go for next year.

I am!

Also looking for people who want to share a pool house. My friend and I did that last year, it was a blast. there was a hot tub next ot the pool, various people came through, spun, got high, came down...and there were no infractions occurred luckily. If I remember correctly it was 4 rooms, $4000 ($3000 deposit), something along those lines. If two people share a room, it would be $500 each per week. (steal?!) anyway don't have a specific house/budget in mind, what is important is the company! Contact me if you'd like to talk more...

who ever is gonna be there hit me up closer to the dates and i will see you get comped to gigs i am playing if you wish...