kinda dumb TRAKTOR TAP TEMPO QUESTION
    Tech Convert

Default kinda dumb TRAKTOR TAP TEMPO QUESTION

HELLO FRIENDS!!

i recently switched from the old traktor (whatever that was called, "traktor dj studio 3" i guess) to the new traktor pro. in the old version, you were able to select a deck, and then tap the tempo to set the bpm value for that track. in the new version, this doesn't seem to be possible, i am only able to tap the master clock bpm, while for any given track my only options are to type in the bpm manually, or let traktor automatically (shittily) detect the bpm.

is this really true??
    WTF???

sorry if the answer is mad obvious it just seems like the old way made a hell of a lot more sense....

Welcome mate. Set your clock master to "Int", make sure the focus is on the deck you want, make sure sync isn't locked, and tap away.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

cool thanks man. that's almost it, but it still only changes the master clock bpm. i want to tap and then have that edit the bpm of the track i'm focused on. does that make sense?

Yes you will still have to match the bpm from the Clock to the grid menu. Also use the ticker it can make things a bit easier for ya.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Open the deck's advanced panel by clicking the small down arrow below the active loop button and switch to the grid panel (by clicking grid on the left), the tap button should now be on the right.
    You're always gonna be better off beatgridding your tracks before hand tho tbh.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie View Post
    Open the deck's advanced panel by clicking the small down arrow below the active loop button and switch to the grid panel (by clicking grid on the left), the tap button should now be on the right.
    You're always gonna be better off beatgridding your tracks before hand tho tbh.
    fucking THANK YOU. that's what i was looking for. i would have never found that on my own they made it hella more complicated than it used to be!

ok but still one more thing. it sets the bpm after only 4 taps???? how the eff am i supposed to tap an accurate bpm after only 4 taps???
    Last edited by skeets; 01-28-2010 at 01:06 AM. Reason: spoke too soon

Tech Mentor

I think it updates the info every 4th tap

As I said tho re beatgrids, you're always going to be better off doing it before hand. Get it right and it only needs doing once, then it'll always be there when u load up the track if u lock it in (padlock symbol).
    There's a few articles and threads here @ DJTT about beatgridding your tracks for Traktor and some good vids on youtube, to help make sense of it.