Laptop stands...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Laptop stands...

I'm going to order one of these badboys

http://www.thomann.de/gb/vestax_vci_...r_backpack.htm

while i was at it i thought i might as well get a laptop stand. This one seems cheap. I just want to plonk my laptop on it so when shit gets spillt it is raised up.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/millenium_laptopstand.htm

Anyone got one? Or recommend one about same price. I searched threads and read reviews on home page but they were out my price range really.

Cheers my dears

(@mods - sorry i posted this in the other thread before but it got blanked - general seems to get more reads innit - hope thats cool)
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

I have the second one pretty good and stable, but I only use it at home.

well i have the same stand at home...i use it for my vci. nice price and works like a charme. u can´t go wrong with that one
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

got the millenium as well, the "bigger" version with a place for my firebox..
    takes quite a while to build this thing up, but with a little practice it should work more quickly..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Guru

got the same one for home .. but its not fun to take apart and put together again.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    got the same one for home .. but its not fun to take apart and put together again.
    yap this is right...but i went to a metal shop to get a new stack with a winding + wingnuts...this way it was easier to put it together
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Mentor

I would go for a Griffin Elevator stand instead. I have the Magma version of the one you have linked and it's to awkward for taking anywhere.

decks.co.uk do that stand but it's labeled as an american audio one, think it's £19, I've got one and I was suprised how stable they are even with a vci on
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I have the VCI Back Pack and the included soft-case.
    Its great. Ive been using a huge Numark gig bag but its to wide to get into my car (when i push the seat forward) so i downsized to the back pack and ive got no regrets .
    For my VCI gigs its perfect.

Ive got 3 of those laptop stands (as Lecko points out they are American Audio) and trust me they are a lot better than the similar Magma 1.0 (ive got a Magma) mainly cus they are half the price but also they are lighter and stiffer.

Also the Magma 2.0 which folds is the worst purchase i ever bought (sent back) . terrible constructiond and NOT SAFE to trust with your laptop.

Ive bought 3 American audio stands so i can leave one at home and one at 2 different venues so i dont have to carry one.

My brother is buying my Uberstand today.

Will have it by Monday!

wOOt!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast