thining about changing a set up
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default thining about changing a set up

Just now am currently using traktor with a bcd3000, midifghter and waiting on a kontrol x1 coming thru the door anyday now.

I was thinking about buying an audio 2 or 4 to change the set up a little, and maybe make it easier for in a club/bar.

Here's what i was thinking, and most likely need advice about.
    I wanna use the kontrol x1 and midifighter along with an external sound card and the bar/club mixer.

Would this be possible?? would the mixer just act as a normal mixer with the sound from the audio card, or could it control the internal mixer in traktor?

Could i use say 4 channels on the mixer very easily and what sound card would allow this? where my headphones plug into?

Any help would be much appreciated chaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxocube View Post
    Just now am currently using traktor with a bcd3000, midifghter and waiting on a kontrol x1 coming thru the door anyday now.

I was thinking about buying an audio 2 or 4 to change the set up a little, and maybe make it easier for in a club/bar.

Here's what i was thinking, and most likely need advice about.
    I wanna use the kontrol x1 and midifighter along with an external sound card and the bar/club mixer.

Would this be possible?? would the mixer just act as a normal mixer with the sound from the audio card, or could it control the internal mixer in traktor?

Could i use say 4 channels on the mixer very easily and what sound card would allow this? where my headphones plug into?

Any help would be much appreciated chaps.
    yes you could use the x1 & midifighter with external card and bar mixer. its just a matter of config traktor for use with an external mixer or often called OTB (out of the box) mixing. You would be plugging two stereo outs into the mixer on different mixer channels and plugging the headphones into the mixer and cueing from it. A traditional mixer can not control the internal mixer in traktor.

If you had a 4 stereo out soundcard then u could mix externally on a 4-channel mixer, headphones still go into mixer and cueing is done there.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

If you want to mix externally, you would not be able to use the Audio2. It only has one stereo out. You could transmit each channel in mono, but, well, *shrug* I don't think that's what you're looking for.

If you want to mix 2 decks externally you'd need something like the Audio4, with 2 stereo outs (two decks, two outs) and for four decks you need the Audio8 running into 4 channels of the mixer.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

thanks for the quick reply! so if i bought the audio 2, i could only use 2 channels on the mixer, but if i got the audio 4 i could use the full 4 channels and the 4 decks on traktor?

Quote Originally Posted by Boxocube View Post
    thanks for the quick reply! so if i bought the audio 2, i could only use 2 channels on the mixer, but if i got the audio 4 i could use the full 4 channels and the 4 decks on traktor?
    no you would need the audio8 for that

Quote Originally Posted by charo View Post
    Well I stand corrected

Just make sure, if you go this route, you have the 1/4" to RCA plugs for the mixer
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

i shall make sure i get them then if i go down that route.

What would the audio 4 be mainly used for then??

The Audio4 is capable to be used for time code control.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

i thought the audio 4 had 4 outs so therefore if am using a two midi's to control traktor and an external mixer, i could route the four decks from traktor. no?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast