Any scratchers in here?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Any scratchers in here?

Anyone scratch in here? If so what are you like with your 2 click flairs (or anything more than 2 click), but NOT using 2 fingers to achieve it? This has always been a problem for me, when its to a fast bpm my wrist goes stiff after doing it a few times in succession. To like around the 80 bpm (or 160bpm as you can use the half time tempo) its fine, but around the 130bpm mark its nightmare. I always gotta use 2 fingers to achieve it repeatedly if I want clean cuts. So many people bust out 2 or 3 click flares without needing to use 2 or more fingers (technically anything more than 2 fingers is a crab), and they do it with such ease. Just wondering if anyone suffers the same problem as me or if not can you lend some advice on any exercises I can do to keep my wrist loose enough to not have to use 2 fingers.
    I can transform no problem all day long, but the 2 click is pretty much double the speed.
    ITS SO FRUSTRATING!

I be starting!

I have about 5 scratches down now!

Transform was the easiest .....combined with Baby's and stabs etc.

I am at the point where i am starting to learn\practice them one by one....

This is Martial Arts i tell you!

I would say just keep at it mate.

My crabs are few and far between using the VCI-100.....but i can get em!

The 2 finger vibe is rad....i can get it real fast like that.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Practice. That's the name of the game. Believe me, anybody can skratch like anybody, just some people need more practice than usual. I thought the exact same thing with the triple click. Keep at it and you'll get it.

What helps me achive any skratch is practice at around 70 bpm, then move up 1 more bpm every minute. If you stumble at say 90bpm, go back down 10 bpms and work your way up again.
    Last edited by J-Reign; 01-27-2010 at 11:25 AM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by J-Reign View Post
    I thought the exact same thing with the triple click.
    Are you using 1 finger or 3 for the triple?

I'm using one finger with those triple clicks.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by J-Reign View Post
    I'm using one finger with those triple clicks.
    And what sort of bpm can you comfortably stand there doing nothing but 3 clicks in succession without messing up?

Tech Wizard

Default i scratch a little, but still practicin' away

15" MacBook pro, traktor s4!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    And what sort of bpm can you comfortably stand there doing nothing but 3 clicks in succession without messing up?
    I just tried it and I can go on and on with 77bpm. Only 8 or so bars on 85 before my wrist/arm starts to really burn. I'm very rusty and I'm on my VCI-300, which the crossfader cut aint great. Gotta go to work, but when I get back, I'll see if I can upload a video.

What you should also check is the height of your mixer and decks. Too high makes me worn out quickly. I am finally at a stage where my scratching does not sound shit anymore. My mates are actually digging it...haha. Thats a step up for me. I can only use my right hand on the mixer to cut. Not the other way round. But thats ok with me. I aint going to be entering any DMCs.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

When i was first learning the 2 click flare i had a really hard time but, what helped me is i learned how to do tears first then tried one click gestures to transform the tears, got good with it, moved to 2 click transform tears. and then re-tried the the 2 click flare. its really all about your timing and thinking about when to open and close the fader. best advice is just keeeeep at it. remember...pull back and close fader at the end of sample, push forward and re-open close to the begining of the sample. hope this helped!
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast