native mix recorder
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default native mix recorder

anyone else use this? i started using it about 2 months ago and i must say, i will never go back to the regular recorder.
    ive been thinking about doing alittle write up tutorial thing for it, but everyone uses it, it doesnt make much sense to write it.

I have noticed it, but I actually use the basic one. What are the big differences that make it so much better?
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverhex View Post
    I have noticed it, but I actually use the basic one. What are the big differences that make it so much better?
    it records traktor actions, not sounds. so you can go back and fix things to a certain extent. it's pretty cool, actually.

i haven't been able to use the native mix recorder ever since i got my external card. NI says they've been working on a bug fix, but 3.4 is here and it's still broken. the recorder was buggy anyway (BPM or key jumping randomly, like +0.3 when reloading the mix) and this way I can practice to be perfect without thinking that i can go back and fix it.

Yet another reason to stick with v2.5.3.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

I have to try this. I had no clue that's what it did. I came to that part of the manual and said... "yeah a recorder... for sound ok... moving on".
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Tech Mentor

well... looks like enough people are up for it. ill start working. its actually quite powerful. the HUGE difference is processing power.
    it takes nothing compared to the normal recorder.

These sorts of functions really should be put in to be used on the fly in Traktor in my opinion, capturing gestures and have them loop is a very very powerful tool indeed. There should be a function to be able to be able to record audio material and have it looping on a new deck too

I agree bento. I need something to capture beats or fills that i do with cue points and then loop it. im sure there are a million other uses for something like that, but that is the first to come to mind.

I kinda feel like if u need something to go back and fix screw ups, u should just trash the mix and re-record. Cuz u dont get redos live. BUT, i do like the idea of it actually taking less resources - which is kind of surprising.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    These sorts of functions really should be put in to be used on the fly in Traktor in my opinion, capturing gestures and have them loop is a very very powerful tool indeed. There should be a function to be able to be able to record audio material and have it looping on a new deck too
    like a sample bank? deckadance has that, i think. and had it for a while. NI should get on that, i'm sure hip hop djs will find it super useful
    (in fact, even as a trance DJ i've looped certain vocal parts of songs on a separate deck)
    Last edited by whiskers; 09-25-2008 at 11:07 AM.

Wow, a macro function. That's a terrific idea.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast