Mashine or Vestax VCI-100 SE.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Mashine or Vestax VCI-100 SE.....

Trying to figure out which one to get????? Your Opinions Greatly Appreciated...
    Here my setup:
    (2) pioneer CDJ-1000MKIII
    Behringer DDM4000 Mixer
    Traktor Scratch Pro - Audio 8
    HP Laptop
    and a Sampler

Both seem fun for mixing and creating new material... but wish I had the money for both (like we all do)lol

Thanks for your Responses...
    Chris aka DJ Panic

Tech Wizard

since you already have TT's and a mixer I would go for the Maschine

Quote Originally Posted by transient View Post
    since you already have TT's and a mixer I would go for the Maschine
    Not to mention you get the Machine software as well, which is VERY VERY addicting.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I guess, in the end, it really comes down to what you want to do.

Want to get into MIDI programming and in depth mixing techniques? Get the VCI-100

Want to add another layer of production to your mixing and customize your sets? Get the Maschine.

Of course there are more factors, but that's really the simplest way to break it down in my mind.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

If you want to produce: Maschine.

The VCI won't give you any greater control over mixing really, particularly as your DDM can send MIDI to Traktor. Unless you want to mix 4 decks by ear (jog wheels are handy).
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    If you want to produce: Maschine.

The VCI won't give you any greater control over mixing really, particularly as your DDM can send MIDI to Traktor. Unless you want to mix 4 decks by ear (jog wheels are handy).
    +1

Tech Wizard

By the way Great Mix Lethal...
    I'm thinking since I have two TT , I would have the Mashine to also do some more creative mixing thus as far as the VCI-100 goes it's just a different type of mixing that I also want to do... I guess for me it would be a remix from my own mind... I think I will get the Mashine first then try to save quickly and get the VCI-100 SE with Arcade buttons... I guess I love what both units can do and just can't wait to get both to try to do different things ie mixes, production, so I can upload for you guys to check out!!!

Thanks guys!!!
    Chris aka DJ Panic

I don't understand why it couldn't be a less expensive pad controller if it sounds like the production aspect is going to be secondary. even if you get into production you can use that pad controller as well...

I'll probably have rocks and sticks thrown at me but I personally think the Machine is overrated when considering how the majority of people here are going to use them

and for a role in production....well i'm not sold on it yet when you look at what you can get for the price of it.

I'd be really happy if machine changed someone's life and is itching to prove me wrong...

You know honestly I didn't think much of the maschine for awhile. But I was down at a club tuesday night, and the guy who put on the sickest set was literally just using a mixer and a maschine. And that made me think twice about it's power for mixing, and it has a great edge on production as well.

Tech Wizard

maschine sounds like a great idea however i wish it had faders or more knobs or was a little cheaper, but it would be amazing if they have a sampler in traktor that works with maschine software. However for the price I would look at a novation launchpad for a cheaper option, but maschine looks insane especially with all the 5gb worth of samples.
    http://soundcloud.com/djkj
    Macbook Pro - Traktor Pro - Vestax VCI100 SE - Maya 44 USB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast