Korg Kaossilator Pro - shit.
    Tech Convert

Default Korg Kaossilator Pro - shit.

After looking at all of the post Namm videos the Korg Kaossilator Pro is defineatly what is interesting me the most.
    Only problem is, im not sure if my current set up would allow it.

I have a vci-100se with an audio2dj soundcard (basic bedroom dj setup).

Now am i correct in thinking that since i dont have any inputs on my soundcard, i am screwed and cant use the Kaossilator? Or is there a way around this?

The only way currently i have found is pre-recording onto a sd card and playing that in traktor, but thats hardly a good solution for playing live

Now i realize that it has midi aswell, but from what i can gather that is only for mapping it onto programs like Traktor?

Can anyone shed any light on this matter or how it could be incorporated into a setup like mine?

Thanks

The audio2 has no audio inputs, which is what the Korg needs. You can use it as a MIDI controller, which is basically a glorified x/y pad. But you want to do some beardyman type shit?

All is not lost, if you have a mixer with an fx send, you could route that into and out of the Korg.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Well, if you are out live you can plug it into an open channel on the clubs mixer. This give you the added advantage of letting you EQ it as well.

I have to say it looks pretty sick. I have a KP3, and I would love to have this along side it when I'm gigging live.
    DJ Neurotique

Tant qu'y a du noir, y'a d'l'espoir!
    Berurier Noir

Tech Convert

yeah thats what i thought, damn audio2dj soundcard haha, guess i should be proabably thinking about selling my audio2dj and investing in an audio4dj. Not a cheap solution but yeah that seems to be the best for me.
    I dont have a mixer anymore so unfortunately thats a no go for me :/
    Bit of a let down really i got hyped after i saw the video but then when i realized how it is routed into the sound card i became crushed haha, well you live and you learn (n)

is there anyway of routing the L/R RCA cable directly into powered speakers or as i am guessing it needs to run into a soundcard first?

Tech Convert

also im currently using monitors similar to this, with the three different connections into the back.
    http://images.jbhifi.com.au/43/64/4364524.jpg
    Im currently only using the RCA inputs, would it be possible to route the kaossilator directly from its rca outputs into one of the other balanced inputs on the back such as a Jack or XLR connection?
    I realize i would need a special RCA-Jack or RCA-XLR Cable if those even exist, but yeah im just wondering how exactly the outputs work on the Kaossilator?