mixing/controllerism jam session over the internet
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default mixing/controllerism jam session over the internet

i was thinking about how cool it would be to jam with other people through the internet.
    all we need is some kind of server based traktor version and everything is fine

but at this point we dont have something like that
    maybe its possible to do that anyway

my idea is to stream the audio output from one computer and use it as the input on another.i also know that traktor has some streaming options wich has something to do with icecast software....yes,as you can read i m a totally noob when it comes to the technical point.
    what about a "network mixing tutorial for dummys" ? (at least for just mixing )

A djTT streaming radio station would be tight. Could do live shows from members, and in the down time just let someones music collection go on random.

I suppose there could be some kinda post people could post that they are mixing live or something with an ip to an icecast server they are jamming it out on. It should even be possible for Icecast to work for users using Traktor routed though Ableton . Installing the dedicated icecast software and not using the inbuilt icecast software in Traktor.

Icecast download link

This would be the post practical and easy to implement way in my opinion without eating into djtechtools.com bandwidth

I know i would not mind hearing some people mix it up this way, though exposing your ip on the boards is kind of a security risk...

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

As an alternative, though, a sticky can be put up for people who want to connect and whoever hosts gets sends out the IP address for all who want to connect. It wouldn't need to just be posted on the board.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Hmmm.. are you talking about back to back sessions across the internet?
    (That would be very hard)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I think he's talking about real time simultaneous sessions across the internet.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

these are very interesting ideas though. We have members from around the world so it would be rad to have different people signed up to spin around the clock!

such a cool idea, count me in

Having some kinda voice chat server would be pretty badarse. We could rewire out audio outs to our audio ins so we can loopback what we are hearing while we mix into the chat room.

Also that way people can just log on and start mixing. While the listeners can pick and choose who they want to listen to as we all chat in a chatroom kinda like the yahoo chatrooms but with better audio quality Webcam support would be neat too so we can watch people as they mix too.

This also gives an opportunity for new people to come in and mix as opposed to only a handfull of controllerist vets. The whole show would basicly run itself, if a handfull of users (forum moderators?) were given privlidged access aka Ops, to kick\ban people causing havoc according to a predetermined set of rules.

Though an official radio would be cool too, im just throwing some options around.

I still think pingspeeds and netspeeds will be a major letdown.

Putting this aside, I would love to have this/ to make this work!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast