broken laptop after just 4 months
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default broken laptop after just 4 months

argh i could go nuts! yesterday when i was having a little session in traktor there was this strange noise (like a mobile on a wooden ground vibrating just louder) comming out of my laptop:eek:. i was like now way this canīt be happening now. the laptop is just 4 months old, so luckily a still have guarantee. but still this sucks big time. i hope it is just the fan that broke. never had the laptop laying on a pillow or anything like this. always on a stand. i hope they can fix it. wish me luck!!!
    Last edited by Ed Paris; 01-28-2010 at 07:34 PM.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

that really sucks.. hope you get it back soon..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Guru

what brand was the laptop?

good news is, that is covered under AppleCare. Thats the great thing about having a Mac... I can't believe you would have such a problem with a new Mac... um, you do have a mac right?

ZING!

Tech Mentor

Almost 2 years after buying my MBP the video card melted because of a documented problem from Nvidia.

I went to apple service and in 3 days I had my laptop back free of charge and without any apple care.

Amazing.

If you have any problem check on other forums to see if other people had the same probem with the same model.

Tech Mentor

I agree with LanceBlaise, you have a mac so no worries? Some pc manufactures will have your laptop for 1 month. So it all comes down to their tech support quality.
    Thank Ya!!!

I though the Panda Earl had a Dell?
    Then this whole comment-thing is bit cruel. Best of luck with the repairs; while I agree with the others on the Apple-service (in Germany), I hope that if it's not an Apple, you still get your Laptop back very soon!

EDIT: No, it's a Sony! So offically: "That comments where mean!". Still, good luck with the repairs!
    Last edited by Tigris; 01-29-2010 at 01:33 AM.
    I mix stuff on my things...

yap right never mentioned what brand iīm sorry! it is a sony vaio. dunno how the good the service here in germany is. i hope itīs good enough to satisfy me
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by earl-panda View Post
    yap right never mentioned what brand iīm sorry! it is a sony vaio. dunno how the good the service here in germany is. i hope itīs good enough to satisfy me
    Ohh... well. Sorry. Good luck then.

I once opened a old sony vaio because the fan was making strange noises. I bought a replacement part from ebay and repaired it myself. But it was a computer with no warranty.

It's very easy, you just need to know the name of the part (checking a sony pdf) then find the part and change it carefully.

Try cleaning the fan with some compressed air, it could just be something stuck in the fan like some dust or something. I had to do that to a computer the other day because the fan was making a horrendous noise. Fixed it right up. May as well try that before you have to send it away.
    17" dual core laptop
    Numark Stealth
    Audio 2 Dj

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast