Anyone have a really good iTunes tagging program
    Tech Guru

Default Anyone have a really good iTunes tagging program

Hey guys i'm looking to organize my iTunes and CBF sorting through 15000 songs individually. I was looking into making smart playlists based on genres but unfortunately a lot of songs from blogs aren't properly tagged. If someone was smart they would make an app for the iphone that take care of analyzing your tracks as they play. Or could be able to identify tracks by genre based on frequency or bpm.

So does anyone have any programs they can recommend for tagging tracks properly.

Hate to tell you, but the best way to do this, I feel at least, is to do it song by song in itunes...

that way, you can pick out what tracks you still ACTUALLY play and tag them properly.
    All I have to do is play music, and make sure it is fist pumpin material.

Maybe tomorrow you can get help from Pollux. I used it while it was free and found it to be a great application that helped me a lot. Hopefully tomorrow I can start using it again to fix my broken library.
    I mix stuff on my things...

Tech Guru

All I can say is that Songgenie and Coverscout are not very good for larger libraries. Beatunes seems like a decent choice (not amazing, but ok), especially since it offers all sorts of other tools to clean up your library. It also features decent key detection and the price is pretty good for all the features it offers:
    http://ifnotwhynot.me/getting-my-son...ion-cleaned-up

On a related topic. I have started using playlist for "tagging" songs, but its very tedious as there is no way to easily see in what playlists a song is already. Furthermore you need to use the mouse to move the song into the given playlists. I finally googled the topic and I found the perfect app (for OSX). It basically stores tags in either the comment or grouping field via a hot key assignable input form that even features auto complete! There is also support to tag songs via a "tag cloud" if you do want to use the mouse or need to be reminded about how you named a given tag. So far am I really happy with this and will probably migrate my current manual playlists to smart playlists based on this system. The only some what serious issue I have found is that quicktags does not automatically ignore duplicate tags, but I have filed this issue and expect it to be trivial to fix. I will report back (probably in a new thread with a detailed report on my blog) in the next few days.

BTW: this seems to be donationware .. once I am sure that I like the app I will be sure to donate some money (probably between 10-20 USD) and I hope anyone else who adopts this software also donates!
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

I use smart-playlists for that- with things like "No Genre", "No Artist"...

I use Beatunes for songs that are properly tagged, to check everything once more, but when it comes to incomplete tags, it's no good. Trust me, I've tried with my current library.
    I mix stuff on my things...

Tech Guru