Highly distorted tracks as a stylistic claim.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Highly distorted tracks as a stylistic claim.

alright guys, a good friend of mine recently turned me on to the track. Upon first listen, I was like, damn the person encoding this needs to check their freaking levels, cause this is clipping like a mofo. However, this was apparently done by the artists, as they come from a noise background. How do you guys feel about this? I personally... cant make a judgement. I will however say, that this track came out of the speaker a shit ton louder than everything else the other night, and I thought my body was being liquified.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z8ppcFGPlY

Tech Mentor

I was okay with it until the vocals came in--they sound terrible clipped like that and would probably make you wince and cover your ears in a loud environment. Although I leave traktor's auto gain on nowadays and so the loudness advantage is negated and all you would notice would be the distortion... which is nasty

Tech Guru

I KNOW! the part with vocals and no high horn line is great, the distorted vocals sound okay. However, with the horn line playing, it makes your ears bleed.

i liked the track....personally i thought the stylistic experimenting took away from the track, sounded like they went a little overboard with the compressor

Tech Guru

yeah, I mean, the track, If I can imagine what it would sound like without the clipping, Is pretty damn good. Its just clipping like a mofo.

Like I said, they used to be a noise band. which means, well, they were just noise.

i love it just way it is!

Tech Guru

I mean, its heavy as all get out.

Tech Guru

wow... actually looks like i'll be going to see these guys. They are supporting Major Lazer and Rusko at a local even in march. This should be interesting.

Props for trying something different, haha the tracks at their myspace sound like someone recorded them with a camcorder at a concert

I guess this is taking the loudness debate a step further
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

Tech Wizard

That is just horrible. I don't give a crap if it supposed to be art, it just sounds awful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast