buying a new laptop, thoughts?
    Tech Mentor

Default buying a new laptop, thoughts?

Hello! I am currently in the market for a laptop specifically for DJ'ing. This is the one I have been looking at
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834115681

I like the large screen, 4 usb ports, nice big hard drive, good amount of RAM.

What does DJTT think/recommend? Thanks!

that's getting into refurbed macbook territory....

I don't know if this is just me but huge screen laptops generally feel huge and awkward, esp when using a stand. something to think about.

best of luck

Tech Wizard

That's a real big screen, i would recommend a 15" screen and if u spin on 2 decks u can easily have a 13" screen (makes it more portable). I would also look at something robust, like a lenovo or macbook pro. I have a MBP myself and i love it and its aluminium so it is really robust to.
    Macbook Pro, VCI-100 FW 1.3, Traktor Pro, Audio 2 DJ

It's all about the house music, and it always will be.

Macbook pro ftw but the aspire is a top notch PC for DJing. know alot of guys who use it and love it. if its within price range a 15" Macbook Pro would be ideal.
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

I'm still amazed at my MBP 13" while using Traktor, thats it...
    Music is communication, as any other form of creation.
    SoundCloud
    MBP 13", Traktor Pro, Presonus Firebox, Numark Stealth, Akai MPD-18, Behringer speakers.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Did i read that right , 18.4" screen. Christ ive been to smaller Cinemas than that.
    Dude you will struggle with space in a lot of DJ booths with that. You need to rememmber that most booths are fitted out with the gear that the DJ needs already. The Digital DJ hsa to bodge in the space thats free (most times).

My mate has a 13" MBP and i was surprised at how well i could see it but id go for 15"

Tech Mentor

Awesome thanks for all the input, wouldn't have thought of some of those points myself. I'm gonna look into something a bit smaller then.