studio monitors - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: studio monitors

Tech Wizard

Instead of starting a thread...

Could anyone advise some entry level studio monitors? below $400 a pair

Plus any basic things I should really lookout for please

I have some Genelec and i have to say i'm pretty happy with it ! Strong build and awesome sound

Quote Originally Posted by mrshan View Post
    Instead of starting a thread...

Could anyone advise some entry level studio monitors? below $400 a pair

Plus any basic things I should really lookout for please
    JBL 305s - I have them and a pir of KRK VXT4s... prefer the JBLs. Rokit's also good.

So many threads on this on gearslutz btw, prolly a better place to do research on this subject.

This thread here is titled "Best Studio Monitors For under $400" >>>

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/low-...-400-pair.html
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

I'm starting to think the setup of the room is more important than the monitors. Recently moved flats and feel like I'm back to square one even with the same monitors!
    SC - WS

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    Also, how dead do you make a room? Do you make it so it feels like you're wearing earmuffs when you walk in? Is that perfection? Or do you try and design good sounding spaces?".
    Well said
    Xone92/X1 MKII X 2/F1/Macbook Pro 13/Technics SL1210 MK2's
    https://soundcloud.com/timbo21-1/tracks

Radio Show Every Friday & Saturday Night 22.00-00.00 BST
    http://www.jazzlondonradio.com/timbo...-london-radio/

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by daviedavedave View Post
    I'm starting to think the setup of the room is more important than the monitors. Recently moved flats and feel like I'm back to square one even with the same monitors!
    same here. i moved into a small room with hardwood floors and stucco walls. words could not describe how harsh it sounds.

so i got some rugs to lay on the floor and bought some of these easy install acoustic panels: link

I've placed them on some of the bare walls and in the corners to help with the reflections and standing waves. they're super easy to install, as you only need some 3m Command hooks to sticky on the wall. i'd reccomend them for anyone looking for a easy no mess solution.
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Killing time View Post
    same here. i moved into a small room with hardwood floors and stucco walls. words could not describe how harsh it sounds.

so i got some rugs to lay on the floor and bought some of these easy install acoustic panels: link

I've placed them on some of the bare walls and in the corners to help with the reflections and standing waves. they're super easy to install, as you only need some 3m Command hooks to sticky on the wall. i'd reccomend them for anyone looking for a easy no mess solution.
    Are they effective? I feel like I'd need to spend about $500 on these to get enough of them..

What differences have you noticed?
    SC - WS

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by daviedavedave View Post
    Are they effective? I feel like I'd need to spend about $500 on these to get enough of them..

What differences have you noticed?
    depends on how big your room is and what else is in it. i bought 3, but plan on buying 2 more when i get a little more capital.

the biggest difference ive noticed are an attenuation of the reflections. cleaner sound.
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789