Audio Set Up and Cue

Default Audio Set Up and Cue

What am I doing wrong? I am using the VCI100SE with a Lexicon Omega and am having problems hearing the nex track using cue. After reading on the forum and waching Ean's videos again I think the reason it won't let me hear to cue through the headphones is due to not being able to sellect more than one set of audio outputs at a time. I can do monitor but it won't let me do booth at the simultaneously.
    Thanks,
    ---Ed

I've been having the same problem.. with my se... and still can't manage to fix it... I got an audio 8..
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

It sounds like an outout routing isue

Go to:

Preferences -> Audio Setup -> Output Routing:

Monitor: Left (mono): Channel 3
    Right: Channel 4

Master: Left (mono): Channel 1
    Right: Channel 2

Now your soundcard is setup. Next you need to make shure that you'v got a tks file loaded.

Next, push the Cue button on the VCI and ajust the heaphones volume and the channel selcet (in Traktor its called Phone mix og Ph mix)on the vci.
    Problem solved?

Audio routing is really not an SE thing,

as its only a midi controller. Flaekiface is right on his recommendations above. Problem solved?

Tech Mentor

I have also the same problem, but i think the reason is traktor upgrade to 3.4.1
    With 3.3.2 I can use alle the 4 outputs of my internal soundcard, but with 3.4.1 I can see only 2 of my 4 outputs.... Why?
    I think there's a problem with 3.4.1...
    See my problem here: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1128
    Last edited by fcarsana; 10-06-2008 at 02:12 AM.

Issues with headphone cue have nothing to do with Traktor or the VCI-100 at all...make sure you download the latest drivers and install them correctly onto your cpu...i had the same problem when i originally tried to use my U46DJ but it was installed incorrectly...after i installed it again the right way everything worked just fine BUT certain audio interefaces are made for certain programs...i.e. U46DJ is for mixvibes so when i use it in Traktor the headphone cue does not work through the actual audio interfaces headphone jack but i routed out the audio to where it would work through my external mixer...you could get a a three channel mixer and everything would work perfectly of be like me and still use a 2 channel mixer with one channel for the main sound and the otther channel used for headphone cueing... it's not that hard