ean rocking the x1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default ean rocking the x1

official ni tutorial videos nice work grandmastah ean :-)

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=103340

Tech Mentor

ean is so sexy!

niiice.. new effect combinations!!
    didn't know about the loop synth and this crazy slicer action..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

Very nice.
    However, I think I'd prefer setting up super knobs/faders to do the basic settings on the fly

Tech Guru

dude, that third and fourth ones were really sick. I always love seeing new effects. Good job!

Great stuff on the 3rd and 4th video. I liked how you had the midifighter, your custom VCI and a press play t shirt all in the video. Good marketing guys!
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

Tech Guru

I've finally started to get the hang of FX in Traktor but the one thing I still struggle with is having that nice transition into the track. For example i've got beat slicer or beatmasher going and i'm beating the hell out of the track but when I turn off the FX it just loses it's energy all the sudden. What can you guys suggest for having a good fading effect of the FX into your playing track?

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    I've finally started to get the hang of FX in Traktor but the one thing I still struggle with is having that nice transition into the track. For example i've got beat slicer or beatmasher going and i'm beating the hell out of the track but when I turn off the FX it just loses it's energy all the sudden. What can you guys suggest for having a good fading effect of the FX into your playing track?
    Wouldn't say i'm the best DJ, but i'll try and throw in some advice as this used to happen to me alot.

I think it comes down to knowing what you're playing. When you drop out your effects and how you drop them out is key and is different for every song combination. For example delaying out a set of effects with maybe a bit of filter or reverb over a break in the next track usually works.

With the beat slicer i try to stop it right before the drop of the next track. When the build up is rolling through you can turn your slices smaller and smaller on advanced mode and maybe put on a bit of buzz which builds up tension. Then you just have to know that the next song has a really powerful drop to match up. It might also be good to EQ of filter the slice too to stop it getting a bit to over powering.

Going back to what i said first off i think it might be a good idea to preview your tracks in your headphones and quickly check the effects sound ok before you broadcast it to everyone. I always do this with the beatslicer unless i know for sure it's going to sound ok.

The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

Great videos!

Always nice to learn new fx tricks!

Thanks Ean!

Tech Wizard

i concur the thanks. especially the third and fourth vids. great ideas for live remixing bidness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast