TPro effects question before i commit to buying it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TPro effects question before i commit to buying it

ok, so i get that there's the four banks (?) of effects in Pro, can they be assigned to any deck, or is it 1-1 2-2 3-3 4-4?

also can the assignment be switched with a hotkey/midi cc? or based on focus?
    for example i have 4 buttons on my nanopad, one to set the focus to either a, b, c or d. will the selected fx bank act on that selected deck?

also how do you tell it which bank to use? or is that based on the assignment?
    for example, atm i have a slightly different xy layout on each of the pages of the nano, one for the bp filter, one for l/h filter, one for flange and one for beatmasher. when i hold it, it turns the effect on and sets the amt to full with the other 2 xy signals controlling specific knobs and stops when i release, is there then an additional control i set to identify which effect bank it is doing this on?
    so
    1) tells it bank
    2) tells it on ------------>these for example are c16, with 0 and 1 on x and y
    3) sets the amt

and the would the commands in the map be;
    1) select effect bank [1-4] [deck-focus] <c16>
    2) effect button 1 [on/hold] [deck-focus] <c16>
    3) effect knob 1 [button, resolution 254] [deck-focus] <c16>
    (i think it's resolution, the one that tells it how far to turn the knob with the button push, as not using a fader/knob)

2+3 are what i'm using in T3 at the moment with the required knobs set on x & y with inverts set if more than one on an axis and i want them opposing each other for balance

cheers guys
    Last edited by BradCee; 02-02-2010 at 04:15 AM.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

The banks dont really get assigned to any particular deck mate, each deck can have all four banks activated if you like. its all how you set up your midi commands really. i'm back on version 1.1.2 now but on 1.2 and up i just set up one bank per deck, allowing 3 unique effects per deck, but you could set it up as 2 per deck, 3, or whatever really.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

so the way i wanna set it up on the nano is possible then? schweeeeet

got the demo installing now, figured as it's free i should fiddle with that first, for half an hour prob close before i finished with the maps lol

SoundCloud

haha good luck with that man
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

think i'll need it...

this is what i plan to do with the nanopad now i've given it some thought...

SoundCloud

bought it. all good. manged to do fx as i planned.

however, i can figure out cue jugglin in this one.

in t3 you mapped it to jump to cue list, and then selected from 1 to 6 in the list. but i can't see something like that in pro, how do i specify which cue point i want each button to jump to?

also, headache with modifiers, had a google, read that thing about djtt being a scam. but still can't get what i want to work
    i'm trying to make it so that the (former) master effect button (top right above the 4knobs/buttons) sets a loop on c when the LEDs next to it are on the top one and set a loop for d when they're at the bottom. middle position isn't being used so ignore that.

what modifier do i use?
    Last edited by BradCee; 02-02-2010 at 02:00 PM.

SoundCloud

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I think that's because the up and down arrows don't send MIDI messages. If they do, though, you'd need to set them to

M1=0
    Press down
    if M1=0 then M1=1
    Press Down
    if M1=1 then M1=2
    leave it at that.

Press up
    If M1=2 then M1=1
    Press Up
    If M1=1 then M1=0

and that should set the modifiers properly.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    I think that's because the up and down arrows don't send MIDI messages. If they do, though, you'd need to set them to

M1=0
    Press down
    if M1=0 then M1=1
    Press Down
    if M1=1 then M1=2
    leave it at that.

Press up
    If M1=2 then M1=1
    Press Up
    If M1=1 then M1=0

and that should set the modifiers properly.
    thanks for the answer dude, but it was the a, master, b button i meant, sorry wasn't clear.

but i think i may have figured (stay with me here...)

mod 1
    learn button to 'a' position
    m1=0

duplicate m1
    learn button to 'b' position
    m1=1

then learn the 'effect' button (using as loop)
    m1=0 for deck c
    duplicate
    m1=1 for deck d

think that's about right?

think what i was doing wrong was creating 2nd modifier for the 'b' position. had it either just working for c or just d or neither....

any help with telling my cue juggle buttons which points to jump to?

SoundCloud

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

The Cue buttons are under Add -> Cue -> HotCue #'s, I think it says Set and Store, use that.

You don't have to use modifiers for those buttons.

Each button sends a different message depending if it's on A/Master/B. MOdifiers are useless to differentiate.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

The Cue buttons are under Add -> Cue -> HotCue #'s, I think it says Set and Store, use that.
    aaahhh... simples

You don't have to use modifiers for those buttons.

Each button sends a different message depending if it's on A/Master/B. MOdifiers are useless to differentiate.
    the button i'm using is outside of those buttons. discovered that on my t3 map, would turn off loop on one when i set it on the other - but had no way of sorting it. hoping a mod will change that. if not, back to the old work around.

also have to use the same mod on the 4th button. on my old map it turned on effect (always set to beatmasher) and as each deck had it's own effects they turned on/off independently. but now only have one (slicer instead) in bank 4 and other banks set for other stuff they both interact with the same bits, despite being on different signals. so gonna change that with a mod. don't really want to use 2 banks for the same effect. seems a waste

basically i'm trying to emulate my old vci map in tpro as it's what i'm used to.

only big change is the nanopad, and now my eqs do filter and key control for all 4 decks instead effects for a and b.

the knobs control them and turn them on.
    from top down
    a filter and b filter
    a key and b key
    c filter and d filter
    c key and d key

buzzed my tits off when i saw that extra filter

and balance knobs do eqs, left one for hi/mid hi on a and b to keep a balance and right one for mid low/low. the one it points to is the one that has had the eq tweaked up a bit. based it on the smart mixer in ableton. makes fades a bit smoother too.

SoundCloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast