Button On with knob
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Button On with knob

hey..
    i'm trying to replicate the delay freeze trick from ean with my left gain knob (since i don't use it). the knob (CC28) activates advanced effects for unit 3, selects the delay and controls the amount. i want the button to activate the freeze button when it's turn all the way up, but can't seem to find the right assigment.

i found out that in the middle the knob sends a note on/off (C0), but it's not working.

can this be done with the knob?!

thanks in advance and sorry if this topic came up before, didn't get any good search results..

wp
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

anyone?!
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook

i assume you'll be cranking it toward full most of the time, so a off command when turning down shouldn't be a problem, if not leave the 3rd bit and just turn it all way left to stop the effect

map it to effect button [1,2 or 3 - whichever freeze is on], then put the knob in the middle (c0), hit learn and turn it right. then when you twist it either way it should activate the button.
    from there you may need to change it from knob/fader to button, and set it to hold - this will keep the effect running while you change parameter.

then map the parameter to it aswell, so when you turn it comes on and changes the parameter with it.

then map the middle c0 bit to the same button, and set it as button, toggle. this will turn it off at the middle. but it will come back on when you turn it left. when you hit learn just turn the knob back to the center click, and it should register the c0

hope this helps? done a similar thing for the filter and key knobs with my eqs
    Last edited by BradCee; 02-03-2010 at 04:11 AM.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

thanks for the reply, it helped a little bit, but it's still not working.

i guess it can't be done with the gain knob. oddly enough, that midi monitor says the center of the knob ist c0 and traktor recognized it as c1, but if i turn the knob quite fast, traktor doen't freeze. if i turn it slowly it works sometimes. the gain doen't have a center click..
    soundcloud
    facebook

what part isn't working? did you set it to hold?

i'll have a go later, new to TPro so just going on what i learnt in my 8 hour map marathon yesterday to rebuild T3 map in pro

SoundCloud

i slowly turn the knob up and in the middle freeze gets activated, if i do it to fast nothing happens.. i did set it on hold..
    soundcloud
    facebook

I've got that function set up on the small black balance knobs and it works tip top. It only freezes when it clicks so if you "do it fast", or if it goes past the click it's not going to freeze or it will freeze for a sec and then the freeze turns off.

I'm a bit busy and I can't remember exactly how i did it, but if you want to download my tsi and look at the set up of my balance knobs feel free.

http://www.maxonemusic.com/tsi-files-vci-100/
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

yeah. i'll guess cause the knob has no click it's harder to activate freeze, if i do it slowly the button stays lit..
    i'll look into your tsi this night..
    soundcloud
    facebook

i don't know traktor and how your doing the midi mapping but it sounds like you have the on/off on only one "leg" of the 0-127 range of the knob, like 64 for example.

in that case there will be times the command is skipped when turning the knob fast cause fast movements can skip legs.

I would suggest you make a small range for the on/off, say 61-68 or something so even if you move the knob fast it is not likely to skip that many legs....

good luck, like i said, i'm seeing this in regard to doing it in bomes, not sure about T.

got it to work with the gain knob, all way left is off, then turning it right turns it on and turns up the parameter.

check out the thumbnail for what i did, the 'hold' ones are set as buttons, but mapped to the knob. effect parameter could be set as a button to jump the freeze to 100%

SoundCloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast