Piano Hands?

Thread: Piano Hands?

Default Piano Hands?

From Engadget:

For all you OCD desk tappers out there, I Want One Of Those is offering up -- ta da -- Piano Hands. These electronic gloves with built-in sensors at the fingertips emulate musical notes upon tapping any flat surface. With eight different instruments to choose from, we can't think of a better way to be endlessly annoying on elevators, airplanes, trains and other cramped enclosed spaces -- assuming you can find a place to plug in your Marshall Stack. Pick up your ticket to stardom for just £49.99 ($92) from IWOOT. No word yet on a release date.

The piano key bracelet thing says classy. I'll add that to my piano key tie and I'm ready for a night on the town.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Tech Mentor

anyone else seeing this as a midi controller?... interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by mycole View Post
    The piano key bracelet thing says classy. I'll add that to my piano key tie and I'm ready for a night on the town.
    omg LOL

LOlz.. would be cool hooking this up to a glitched drum VST or something.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I've seen something like this before. But homemade, well it may have been a modded oxy8.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Aww my crazy idea was deleted with the server reset

Oh well here we go again !!

Grab yourself a pair of these, an Oxygen 8 keyboard and a copy of Bomes

Each finger will send out a different midi message on the piano hands and by cross referencing(with Bomes) with which button on the oxygen 8 is pressed, we can give each buttons 10 states, 1 state for each finger you press it with.

Using Bomes its possible to tell which finger is hitting which key as long as your not hitting 2 keys at the same time. With this information we can make each 1 of the 25 buttons on the oxygen 8 send 10 different midi messages. Because each button 10 different possibilities of fingers it can be pressed with and there are 25 keys on the Oxygen 8 this gives us 250 different midi messages.

I don't actually recommend anyone try this unless your up for a laugh

If someone is crazy enough to want to try this, hit me up a message and i will explain in more detail how to do the coding in bomes