joystick help

Thread: joystick help

Default joystick help

so I'm looking at joystick options to go with my midifighter when i buy it, and I found a sanwa 4/8 way joystick. now according to DJTT, we have 4D adn 4A connections, which support 4 buttons and 2 joysticks..HOW?

the sanwa joystick has 5 wires, 1 ground and 4 directions, how does one go about connecting 2 of these or am I limited to only one?

my goal was 4 more buttons, and 2 joysticks, or go with a joystick and a touchpad, no buttons

thanks y'all

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Can you give me the part number of the sanwa joy stick you are looking at?

I would say it is a digital joystick, so just gives the same effect as you up down left right arrow keys, rather than the analog type found on modern consoles.

The midifighter would only support 1 joystick of this type, plus four pots/faders.

These joysticks are analog and only use two analog inputs each, they are also the type used on Eans original MF

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=9032

Breakout boards are also available from sparkfun

http://lizardlick.com/pages/sanwa_jlf_faq.shtml

that's teh faq on teh one i'm eyeballing, i want to complete the arcade look xD, it uses 4 microswitches

Sweet if you want to use that you will not be able to add any other buttons, but you could still add say four faders as well.

To hook it up solder the joystick gnd to gnd on the MF, and then each of the other wires to the digital inputs.

so then of my two builds, if i want this particular joystick, I'm down to it and a touchpad, cool, any idea where about to find one?

The touch pad will take all four digital and two analog so thats not an option im sorry

well damn, just shittin all over my cheerios, lol, i guess I should look for an alternative joystick and go the route of buttons on D and the joystick on A. If you know of a supplier for arcade grade joysticks, let me know.