Need advice on a second dj/midi controller to use in addition to BCD3000 w/ Traktor

Default Need advice on a second dj/midi controller to use in addition to BCD3000 w/ Traktor

Hi All,

I hope this is the right area of the forums to ask this question.

I'm running a Macbook OS 10.6.2, Traktor 3 LE, & BCD3000. This is my first digital setup. I'm stepping up to Traktor Pro soon and need some advice.

I'm hoping it will be possible to integrate another controller into my setup. I actually like the BCD3000 except for the fact that I have to touch the macbook to load tracks into the decks. I'd like to know if it would be possible to get another controller such as Traktor X1 basically to get the functionality of loading tracks into the decks?

I hope that makes sense. Sorry in advance, I'm a total digital dj newb.

Thanks,

midiot aka eddie

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

if you're question is whether or not you can use a second USB MIDI controller, yes. You are only limited by your USB ports.

Though, if you're going to spend the money on the X1, or ANY MIDI controller, I think it would make sense to upgrade to TPro
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

i concur

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

I made the BCD3000 - VCI100 SE jump and believe me, it's the best thing I've ever done. It's not cheap but it's well worth it
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

and learn about midi modifiers, you can extend the usefulness of your bcd by using midi modifiers to make dual uses for knobs/faders/buttons.

I think traktor pro + bcd + use of midi modifiers is a better bang for buck then le + bcd + a second controller.

good luck

welcome to the forums, love the forumname lol
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

ive got the bcd3000 and my next jump was to pro. done me the world of good. got a few gigs with it and then made the jump to add a nanopad(which is now for sale) and then added a midifighter and an X1 for my xmas.

get pro first then firgue out from there where you wanna go with it.
    Traktor pro 1.2.4, Behringer bcd 3000, kontrol x1, DJTT midifighter, audio 4, hd-25's, Korg nanopad(for sale, pm for details), Sony Vaio vista 3gb dual core, 250 HD