Gig on Saturday and need help!
    Tech Guru

Default Gig on Saturday and need help!

So I have a gig on saturday and i need some help. I was planning buying a mac recently but since I'm customizing the specs i would only be able to get it tuesday. So I have to use my older laptop. Are there any recommendations on how to make my computer run smooth (and fast) during the gig? And i should only analyze the majority of songs imma play right? not like rock music for ex. if im playing at a club (house, tribal, tech-house)

any other tips would be great

I'd suggest analyzing all songs you think plausible to be played that night. But thats just my humble opinion.
    There have been two DJTT blog posts about 'streamlining' your mac/pc so here goes: mac and pc
    Hope these articles help

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You'd be better off not using tht mac anyway right away so you can make it do what you need it to do as well as possible.

Regardless, for this one, read those articles, turn off your internet connection, disable everything, shut everything down you're not using and analyze every song there's even a chance you'll spin

THen you should be good.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

thanks are there any other good things to know (first time at a club) been doin house partys...

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Bring connectors (RCA - 1/4", 1/4" - XLR, RCA - XLR), prepare yourself to be cramped, have a laptop stand, get there early, check your levels from the dance floor and not from the booth, double and triple check before you leave (both home and the club), bring a flashlight, bring spare batteries for said flashlight, buy the sound guy a drink, have A drink before you go on, just one, to loosen the nerves, and take a deep breath and have fun even when everything goes wrong.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall