[Ableton] Anyone have experience using Looper with MIDI clock IN (EXT)?
    Tech Guru

Default [Ableton] Anyone have experience using Looper with MIDI clock IN (EXT)?

Hi all. With this setting I will get a loop that sounds fine on the first cycle, and will then start to get a pop at the beginning of the loop, much like a badly cut loop without crossfades. The loop will also slowly drift away from the incoming clock tempo. This is a straight one-shot, with no overdubbing.

It may pay to mention that if I drag the newly created loop to the clip matrix, the loop will play fine and in sync for as long as I want. That's the part that doesn't make sense to me. Why does the loop stay in sync in the matrix, but the same loop in a supposedly syncronized Looper does not?

The Looper is set to follow song tempo. Without getting into a discussion about work-arounds (I can do it using Bome'sMT), can someone explain why Looper isn't working right off the bat?
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Look into the "Fades" function of Ableton Live 8. That may help explain some things to you...

Tech Guru

I know about fades. I'm not having a problem with clip fades. I'm having a problem with Looper synchronization via midi clock in, and it's making the pops as the Looper tries (and fails) to stay in sync.

But the sample it records stays in sync fine when dragged from Looper into a clip slot. Thanks tho...
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets