Controller Discrimnation?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Controller Discrimnation?

Let me start by saying that I learned on vinyl and played out ALOT all over the midwest during the 90's and late 2000's using vinyl and good old technics......now I have switched to the DJTT VCI and am loving the doors for creativity it has opened.

I have found though that there are ALOT of people especially now that NI has launched their controller who are doing the usual " sync means you arent a REAL dj". Im finding this very disheartning because these same people know I can play on control vinyl too.....but I prefer the controller for setup ease and now I can focus on using effects and loops to break tracks down...just wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation?

Technically, you are not a DJ. Don't dispute it embrace a new term...what about HDJ?

Tech Wizard

It is just getting really frustrating to hear this whole "sync" vs vinyl/cdj debate.....ALOT of the TOP djs in the world are now on controllers so why are people so hostile towards it STILL

Anyone that hassles you, just say two words "Carl...Cox". Peace
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Anyone that hassles you, just say two words "Carl...Cox". Peace
    Carl Cox, Richie Hawtin, Speedy J, Chris Liebing....the list goes on and on...although at DEMF last year Cox used cdjs

What if you've only played using controllers and Traktor pro? Does that justify their insults?
    Setup: Kontrol S2, Komplete Audio 6, Maschine Mikro Akai LPD 8, Akai Mpk49, Traktor 2, Ableton Suite 8.
    http://soundcloud.com/miishmash

Tech Wizard

Probably not I mean I only use traktor and my controller now and I still prefer to use the external mixer

who cares...just because they have a proclivity for matching beats with vinyl doesn't make them special....they still aren't playing "live" music, and neither are you... dj, controllerist, whatever... let folks have their fetishes... Do you. Wheel it selector!!

Just ignore it. I have only recently decided to make the switch and i am already copping it. Just let your perfromance do the talking.

hard out just bury them in the epicness of your creative controller sets lol all the vinyl and cdj ONLY djs who played before me saw me set up at this club and were giving me the stink eye lmao i then cranked out my set filled the empty dance floor and rocked the place haha all of a sudden half the djs were all crowding around my set up watching me do my stuff lol was teaching them what everything did lol no one gave me any crap after that its all about educating them
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast