International Gig
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default International Gig

Hello DJTT

I'm still pending on a gig in Portugal. But if I were to have the gig I would have to bring my own gear since it is an outdoor festival. (I currently have 2x CDJ 1000 MK2 and DJM800 w/ tp & mbp) Does anyone know how I could bring this to Portugal?? (can you be specific )

Tech Mentor

Ouch... I think it would be better to rent it there and only bring your laptop. I'm sure you can find that equipment in Portugal.

The promoters should be able to find it for you, even if you pay it. Hell whenever I went for a gig abroad the equipment was always there... they should pay for it.

That's a lot less of headaches and stress imo.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pier View Post
    Ouch... I think it would be better to rent it there and only bring your laptop. I'm sure you can find that equipment in Portugal.

The promoters should be able to find it for you, even if you pay it. Hell whenever I went for a gig abroad the equipment was always there... they should pay for it.

That's a lot less of headaches and stress imo.
    +1000,000 on that one! fuck lugging all your gear to portugal!

hey bro.. I have spun many outdoor festivals internationally... never did i have to bring my own gear. Not only that, but you should make sure the promoter is going to have all of your required gear that you would need... I would be weary of such a gig if all of that wasn't being handled.

Finally you are going to have a hard time traveling through customs wuth that kind of stuff... After traveling with Keyboards and such in the past i can tell you customs loves to break expensive gear, its like fun for them... jerks... And you will get hassled big time i am affraid.

Tech Guru

so its better to talk to the promoter or buy like a vci-100...

Tech Guru

I'm still lost as to why you have to take you're own gear. Surely there's going to be other DJ's there? What are they gonna use?
    Also, you say "I would have to bring my own gear since it is an outdoor festival" like it's normal for outdoor festivals to not have and form of decks. I know that any outdoor festival I've been to had vinyl decks and CDJ's, that's pretty much standard.

yeah man. that's sketchy.. you need to contact the promoter and get him to organise that for sure! definitely not your job to be taking your own gear! Surely if they're hiring a soundsystem, they'll be able to hire the CDJs too!

yeah, this is unheard of....

Tech Mentor

Just say 'vai tomar no cu' and he'll fix it for you!

Tech Wizard

+1 to Lance's point of view - I've never had to source equipment for overseas gigs - it's our responsibility to take the tunes but theirs to provide the hardware to play them on.

Stick to your guns and you'll be fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast