scratch pro?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: scratch pro?

Tech Wizard

Default scratch pro?

-dIm-
    - Acer5050 Amd Turion 2Ghz 2GB RAM - Echo Indigo Dj - Audio DJ 8 - VESTAX VCI-100 SE - Ecler Nuo 4 - X-Session - Trigger Finger - Korgkaoss Pad Entrancer - Korg MicroKontrol - Novation25SL - 2 x Tec1210.
    Dj software - TraktorDj 3.3 - Traktor Scratch 1.2

That looks to me to be the next version of Traktor if i am not mistaken - nice find !

Alright lets try and work out some of the functionality thats been put in by looking at the photo and whats written on the site.
    First of all lets look at the enlarged picture - http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/qua...9793f1f332.jpg

If you look at the effects section it now looks like we can chain effects to one another notice how 3 effects are selected on either side of the deck in two effects sections.

The site itself says - 21 new effects

The picture obviously shows that the interface has been reworked.

The picture also shows in the middle of the decks where the eq's usually are there is some kind of FX selection, being able to choose between fx unit 1 or/maybe and 2.

Chaining effects certainly makes me more happy, however we are yet to see how this works so i wont be getting my hopes up thinking they can replace my Ableton effects racks.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 10-05-2008 at 01:51 AM.

Tech Wizard

The effect panel looks very simple with one knob for each effect and i it looks like there is a snapshot or file button on the left side of the panel for presets maybe
    i think there are more button for loops which is a big plus for me
    -dIm-
    - Acer5050 Amd Turion 2Ghz 2GB RAM - Echo Indigo Dj - Audio DJ 8 - VESTAX VCI-100 SE - Ecler Nuo 4 - X-Session - Trigger Finger - Korgkaoss Pad Entrancer - Korg MicroKontrol - Novation25SL - 2 x Tec1210.
    Dj software - TraktorDj 3.3 - Traktor Scratch 1.2

What i would really like to know is why are we hearing this from zzounds and not from strait from NI ?

btw nice spotting with that button !

I cant wait to see the Traktor Pro version. The GUI looks clean, question is when is this sucker going to come out? I pressed add to cart...expected 10/16/2008 hmm 1 day after the rumored Mac laptops get updated. I hope the new server is running cuz were gonna get a million question if this sh!t works with the VCI-SE. Ean must be working his ass off if he already has a alpha/beta or official copy of PRO.

Bento and Tekki were gonna be pulling some overtime on this site over the next month or so. This is gonna get really good, can wait to see Traktor PRO Vs ITCH or SSL.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    Bento and Tekki were gonna be pulling some overtime on this site over the next month or so. This is gonna get really good, can wait to see Traktor PRO Vs ITCH or SSL.
    Traktor 3 is already better than Itch and SLL so Traktor 4(pro) is gonna be pulling some more nails in the coffin

Tech Guru

I'm only guessing here, but this is probably what happened...

When a new product is about to be released, the manufacturer puts together press kits for the item. They also do alot of demos to retailers showing what the product can do. In the case of print media (magazines like Remix), there needs to be as much as a month of lead time. Usually in these cases, the manufacturer and the retailer sign an agreement that stipulates when knowledge of that item will be made public.

Unfortunately, some retailers make mistakes and info gets released early. This can be an administrative error, a web development mistake, or (unfortunately) a pattern of poor behavior. Whatever the cause, when it pops up in the wild once, other retailers see that and put THEIR stuff online as well.

I'm just wondering if this will be:

A) an upgrade to Traktor Scratch (completely renaming / replacing the current version)

B) an offshoot of Traktor Scratch (having both the Standard and Pro version on shelves)

C) a free or paid update?

leaves me wondering... Post's about this product in NI's and Skratchworx's forums have been removed...

Exactly what I am thinking. I hope this damn thing is for free for people that just bought upgrades!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast