MADRID... Where to eat & drink ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Default MADRID... Where to eat & drink ?

You got it. Next stop Madrid.
    Only got 4 days there so obviously one stop in the Bernabéu. When we are there Real play Barca but tickets are £700... WOW. Anyone got a contact for cheap tickets??? Yeah right..!

So... we love Tapas, i mean yeah were in Spain but boy do i love good Tapas.
    Where do the locals eat cus they are usually the best places. Little bars and hidden gems.

Music, no fecking minimal. Anything funk orientated, house, hiphop, bars with DJs not necessarily clubs just down to earth places. No poncey glass & chrome uber bars where people drink champagne out of glass slippers.

Anything else worth noting. All advice welcome.

We go in 8 weeks. 4 days in Madrid then straight to visit RainerH the Traktor Bible author in Amsterdam for 3 days.

7 days away from the frozen UK. Yippee.

Tech Convert

Hi there Im from Spain!forget about going to watch the madrid-barça its impossible!
    If you see one, Lizarran, get inside, they have cheap and good tapas, another famous place is casa lucio, you are going to eat very well but it may be a bit expensive.
    Be aware in the subway..lot of thieves!!

Quote Originally Posted by psikonetik View Post
    Be aware in the subway..lot of thieves!!
    I was going to write the same thing....watch the pickpockets and bag-grabbers....I had to run some little street rats down and get my backpack from them when i was there.....lol, this little spanish women helped me find them by pulling on my sleeve and pointing...I speak little spanish so actions speak louder then words....also rats got a yelling at in english.

always wanted to go back with a big group of guys and set a trap from them, but i'm thinking their street rat life deals it out to them hard enough.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Thanks guys, yeah the street thieves are a worry but ive been round pretty much every major City in Europe, everything i carry is zipped, locked and fastened hard but its always good to have reminder.

Think im gonna try watch the game in a nearby bar..? Any recomendations.

Ill look out for Lizzaran and Casa Lucio. Cost isnt so much an issue i just want good food and a good atmosphere.

I make no secret that i love Spain. Me and my girlfriend hope to live there one day. Dunno how, where or even why?!?! I just love it.

Tech Convert

Discos to go out, fabrik, goa or space of sound.

Look around santiago bernabeu, there will be lot of places to watch the game there and be sure to take a guided visit inside it, its great although Im a huge barcelona's fan xDDD

Cheers man. I was at the Nuo Camp last year. F*cking awesome place.
    Barcelona was amazing. Hope Madrid is anything like as good.

Ill catch the game near the stadium in a bar and look out for those clubs.

So I was thinking about part of the honeymoon to be spent in Spain. What are your thoughts Karlos?

Anyone else? Beach and party...

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    So I was thinking about part of the honeymoon to be spent in Spain. What are your thoughts Karlos?

Anyone else? Beach and party...
    As long as you slow dance to my minimal set (lol) no seriously though, it will be techno

ed. definitely dropping dubfire planet terror remix to get you guys all freaky on the dance floor I can hear it "HA"
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

What city?

Barcelona is beautiful, good beaches as well.

Ive also been to a few places along the East Coast, right from the top Portbou down to Murcia.

I had a great beach holiday in JAVEA there were no other English people around. I hate the English on holiday, all they do is shout and scream at their badly behaved children.

The beaches were awesome. Didnt go clubbing just to Bars and restaurants.

Javea is level with Ibiza so its pretty sunny and very hot in Summer.

I love Spain, really love the place. Id live there in a heartbeat if i could.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast