vci three hund red
    Tech Guru

Default vci three hund red

god this video makes me want one. i had no idea it was such an able scratch tool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XRyGSOtrYo

if theres better 300 vids you know of PLEASE link them
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Guru

all these views no comments huh?

im curious to hear from you vci 300 guys. anyone have that vfx 1 yet? whatcha think?

i gotta be honest, at first i wasnt too jazzed about the bridge but the more i think about it, sure seems like itch + vci 300 + apc 40 = awesome when you add in ableton.

whats the scoop on that these days? google seems to be failing me tonight for some reason, i cant find out hardly anything about the if's and whens with that setup.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Guru

I almost bought a VCI-300 but my main issues were:

- Having to pay extra to use/control effects (note: $250 for VFX-1)
    - No outputs for each deck, only one master out. You're stuck with on-board mixer.
    - Soundcard is decent, but not great at the price you pay (almost $900+).
    - Pitch fader has very erratic functionality when parameters are increased.
    - Platters don't "grab" the track accurately all the time during rapid movements, but when they do, they work great.
    - Issues mapping to other programs (i.e: Traktor). It can be done, but requires some crutches, and a decent amount of reworking to do. Even then, it aint the same as what you get with Itch, so you're stuck with that to get the most out of it.

I ended up putting money aside for a different MIDI controller which didn't have these issues.