A reminder

Thread: A reminder

Default A reminder

Hey DJTT,

I have been djing for about 1 year now and am still running into the same problem everytime i mix. I choose some dope tracks, pull off some awesome transitions and give my best to make it perfect.
    One day later I listen to it and notice mistakes. I try to fix these, but run into more problems. I consider throwing away the whole idea... but don't. I keep trying. The next day I'm totally pissed off. Nothing seems to fit and everytime I try to re-do my mix it becomes an annoying routine.

This is the point I reached yesterday. I then came to the conclusion: This is not how it should be. Mixing should be fun.
    And the next morning I threw a few tracks together and mixed them, while recording it on video. All in one shot.

Sorry for the stupid (deep) story and pardon me, if I should have put this into the wrong section, but there is a mix =)
    My point is, that there is no sense in killing yourself over a mix, if you stop enjoying it.
    Just something, that came to my mind. Maybe someone can relate to my problem.

So, enough talking. Here's the mix I made this morning. It's appropiately called "Simple, yet fun". Again, I hope this is the right section.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ksQIdizIUE

Tracklist:

1) Shinichi Osawa - EEAA - Mustard Pimp Remix
    2) Dani L Mebius & Billy The Klit - Rock Your Body - Punish Remix
    3) Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike - Under The Water - Dada Life Remix
    4) Larry Tee - Let's Make Nasty - Sticky K Remix
    5) Terry B, Brooke Russell, DJ Junior - Party Train - Santiago & Bushido Dub Mix
    6) Bart B More - Romane - Original Mix
    7) Afrojack, Bobby Burns - Ghettoblaster - Original Mix
    8) LAZRtag - Never Gonna Stop - Original Mix
    9) Computer Juice - Computer Juice - D.I.M. & TAI Remix
    10) Crookers, Kelis - No Security - Bart B More Remix
    11) Brandy & Monica - The Boy Is Mine - Artistic Raw
    Last edited by DjOntt; 02-07-2010 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Forgot to give a tracklist