how to start windows with minimal application?
    Tech Wizard

Default how to start windows with minimal application?

hii
    i wonder if there is any way to start windows in a some sort of special mode in order to avoid loading unnecessary programs that take the CPU performance and effect the work on traktor ?

Although it can help to speed up your PC, disabling some 'services' can be quite dangerous if you are not sure what you are doing. therefore I recommend you read up on several websites before actually doing something.
    google gave quite some articles for this and for more info there was an article about streamlining your PC here on DJTechtools. Also, there have been some other forum threads about this. Use the search function

I've got two hardware profiles setup on my (XP Pro based) laptop that I gig with

First thing I did is setup a new hardware profile explained here, then I used CCleaner and the Device manager to disable non essential stuff in the DJ centric hardware profile I'd just created (turned off the ACPI battery management, the DVD drive the Wi-Fi etc)

When I boot up for a gig I select the appropriate profile and it's allsetup for me
    Last edited by Sherlock Ohms; 02-08-2010 at 08:27 AM.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

err, Teiresias, your link leads me to a times online article about British ministers? Pretty funny, but I think you copied the wrong link

Hmmm, don't know how that happened, fixed it anywho
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

you can also use nLite

http://www.nliteos.com/nlite.html

@vladikpri what windows are you running?

to give you an idea, i have a win 7 dual boot, the one i'm currently using is my normal boot and does interwebs etc...

i also have a traktor boot, disabled alot of the services and devices i don't need. before i load traktor there is only 19 background services running and windows is using less than half a gig or ram to tick over.
    then i load traktor, and then go up to 1.5gb (out of my 2) and the cpu rarely passes the 30% point.
    there is also the 'registry hack' that loads traktor/ableton/etc... as the shell for windows instead of explorer. tried that on my dual boot when i set it up and things died a bit though. might be lack of second user though.... but it's not necessary anyway. kill explorer manually and load traktor with task manager simples

so in a way, yes. tell us what windows you have and help would be easier

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Wizard

Default thanks

hii thanks for the info
    i have windows 7....

Tech Wizard

I upgraded my RAM to 4GB's. Silky smooth now

Tech Wizard

how much u had before?
    upgradet to 64 bit?