whats your fav. ableton dj effect - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ohmicide is the shit, so much so I am considering making a dedicated controller for it
    I use frohmage at least once in every project and some random old freebies from audio damage too.
    Those 2 companies are just on top of their shit, really fun and great audio fidelity

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    some random old freebies from audio damage too.
    Random Fact: The guy who writes the Audio Damage plugins is Chris Randall from Sister Machine Gun fame! (90s Industrial Band)
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Ah you guys are awesome, this is exactly the type of info I am looking for! - I just transported Traktor in to Ableton live for some new effect, been messin' around with The Finger/Artillery but I want MORE!
    papachilla...| UB Macbook Pro | NI Kontrol S4 | NI Kontrol X1 | AKAI MPD32 | AKAI LPK25 | KRK ROKIT5-2

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Monika.mhz View Post
    It does have stability issues in certain situations. I have to be careful about where on my projects I place it. but I still have it on every single channel of my 6 channel (not including live keys) setup! There's just something about the sound it generates that I looooove! I like it enough to deal with the stability issues. (though the only issues i've experienced are at startup/load rather than use. It seems as solid as a rock during performances) That and Effectrix. I don't think I use many Ableton only effects other than like verbs, etc.
    I'm glad to know you're familiar with both Lucifer and Effectrix, since I was thinking of incorporating one in my upcoming setup. As far as I've understood they both do pretty much the same thing, glitchy effects and such. Which one would you recommend if you had to choose?

Wouldn't it btw be easier (for the processor) to put the Lucifer in a send channel or two instead of all the channels?
    @Twumpy

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
    Which one would you recommend if you had to choose?
    I'm not sure if I buy that they do the same thing, as I get two very different things out of them. I think they're both great for their own purposes! you can get a demo of effectrix I believe and try it yourself, as far as lucifer, you have to write the guy personally to get a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
    Wouldn't it btw be easier (for the processor) to put the Lucifer in a send channel or two instead of all the channels?
    I've experimented with tossing it onto send channels, and I just don't get the independent sound I'm looking for. (being able to set certain styles/types to different channels. I wouldn't want a song channel and a drum channel getting the same effect typically.). And Lucifer really doesn't eat enough processor for me to worry.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!

Quote Originally Posted by Monika.mhz View Post
    @tekki: I've used my Waves guitar pedals for a long time to add some guts to my synths. Can you offer any comparison between the two?
    You mean comparison between Ohmforce and Amplitube, or Amplitube and the Ampltube2:fender version?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

No a comparison between Amplitube and Waves GTR.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!

Waves GTR.. LOLz... okay... euh... I don't know.

Amplitube is cool, just try it, if you're able to get a trial version.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

Thanks for the answer Monika! Now I just have to hope this doesn't happen to my arriving controllers...
    @Twumpy

The dude who made lucifer made a OSC version, but its not available publicly - he made it just for himself

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast