Prev Cue while Playing
    Tech Wizard

Default Prev Cue while Playing

Hello,
    I am working on my midi map and cant seem to get the prev cue to work while the track is playing. Sure if I am on cue #3 I can get to cue #2 no problem. But I cant get past cue #2 to cue #1. Does someone have a sample or tutorial on how to set the prev cue button so it will hit the prev cues while my tack is playing?

Joe

Tech Guru

I'm not sure I quite follow what you're saying. If you are on cue 3 and you want to get to cue 2, you hit the previous cue button, and you're saying this works for you no problem right? Well then surely you just hit the same button again to do the same thing except you're already on 2 so it should go to 1. Or are you saying you want to jump from 3 to 1 and miss out 2 all together?

Tech Wizard

If I am playing a track, and I am between cue points (lets say 2-3) and I click prev, I can get to 2. But I can not get back to 1. Is there something special I need to add to my mapping to make the thing get past 2?

Tech Wizard

Megaplow, are talking about the NEXT/PREV function?

If so, I've noticed this issue as well when playing a track and using the NEXT/PREV function.
    It seems to only work correctly when a track is paused (allowing you to select a cue point without triggering it)
    When a track is playing, PREV will only jump you back to the last played cue and you cannot move past it,
    it just triggers the cue point.

Really, you should be able to select a cue using NEXT/PREV whether the track is paused or playing.

Not sure if this is the way NI intended it or a bug.

Anyone else familiar with this function?

Assuming you are using traktor here mate. It doesen't matter whether the track is playing or not with this.
    Set controller type to button, interaction mode to inc/dec for each button.
    If you only have one cue, such as a grid marker at the start, pressing either button will jump to this cue.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

@Jester

Just tried it again, exactly as you described it - which is how I set it up yesterday.

This time I created a blank midi page, to avoid any possible midi conflicts.
    VCI-100 v1.3 & Traktor Pro 1.2.4
    4 cue points on song numbered 1-4.

Control---------------I/O:-Assign---Mode--------Mapped to:
    Next/Prev/Cue/Loop---In---Deck A--Inc (Next)----C#7 (Right arrow key ->)
    Next/Prev/Cue/Loop---In---Deck A--Dec (Prev)----C7 (Left arrow key <-)

Same result as I described before.
    Track not playing: can cycle through the cue points 1-4 forward and backwards 4-1.
    Track playing: can cycle forward 1-4, BUT cannot cycle backwards 4-1.
    4th cue is re-triggered on each press of the Prev button.